ON THE ROAD....

toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

Salton Sea

My Ride...

Rags

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

I like your ride, Rags. Back when I was doing long-distance riding on a regular basis, BMW bikes of this model were having issues with their drive shaft. I was concerned about having problems with the bike when I was back in the boonies....parts and service for BMW bikes were an issue. Instead, I went with a Yamaha FJR 1300. I put 68,000 miles on that jewel with never an issue of any kind. Stay safe out there buddy. Keep a keen eye out for the crazies.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Fantastic Rags! #2, #3 and #4 are superb!

• toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2020

Thanks for the comments...

That ride was good (no problems); but not the best choice for long distance with that fairing (I was doing IBA stuff)...

I sold my last bike 4 yrs ago - I figured I was 78 and it was time (I miss it)....& "biker talk" I was getting a lot of heat from my old lady... :D

Rags
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited May 20, 2020

I hear you, Rags. I got rid of my last bike quite some time ago when I accepted that all day in the saddle was more than I could accommodate any more. Like you, I miss a lot about biking but it wasn't my wife that did me in......my butt rebelled on me and a rebellious butt is a force to be reckoned with.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Hehe... I've been there with monkey butt... Gold Bond helped... :D

Rags
  • willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

I like no 3 a lot: good mood, Rags.

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Good ones! I particularly like the first and third.

• sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

Thanks for the ride! I especially like #3.

edited May 20, 2020

thanks for the comments folks...

That #3 was the shot that drove high sat from my head...

Rags