Options

HOME PAGE PHOTO DISTORTS

LadybirdsLadybirds Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
Hi guys,Hope you are all well.

I have been trying to re-deisgn my website with MY DECO design, but I cant seem to be able to do it the way I want to. I contacted the Heroes but they said I need advanced customisation for this and I have not a clue how to do it. My problem is

--When i choose multiple photos for the home background and and set it as "change every visit" portrait orientation photos look so stretched when you view on desktop that you cant even see them ( they look good on mobile view ) ,but then the landscape photos dont change for mobile so you only see a big stretched part of the photos ( landscape photos look good on desktop)

-- when i choose a single photo as the background and set it as " never change " then landscape photos get stretched so much again on mobile you cant see the whole photo ,and portrait photos look so stretched on desktop view .

- also on dektop view i have big gaps ( margins ) between the writings,paragraphs,headers etc, however as soon as I view it on Mobile they all look cramped together, anyway I can sort this out on Mobile view?

Hope these make sense. I just want one photo or multiple photos ( if i can) that will look good whether you view it on movile or desktop and i would like the writing to maintain the gap inbetween.

Comments

• Options
    pilotdavepilotdave Registered Users Posts: 785 Major grins
    edited May 18, 2020

Photos shouldn't look stretched, just cropped so the photo fills the screen of any device without leaving gaps. A portrait photo on a landscape screen will show the full width, but cut off the top and bottom. Landscape photos on a vertical screen like a phone will show full height, but cut off the sides. The best you can do is carefully choose photos that work well enough in both orientations. There's unfortunately not really a better way to do it. I put background photos in their own gallery so I can display them larger without watermarks, and just try photos out. If they don't look good as backgrounds on computers and phones, they get deleted from that gallery. Trial and error to find pictures that work.

Dave

• Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,450 Major grins

@Ladybirds said:

• also on dektop view i have big gaps ( margins ) between the writings,paragraphs,headers etc, however as soon as I view it on Mobile they all look cramped together, anyway I can sort this out on Mobile view?

It may help if you post your site here.

• Options
    LadybirdsLadybirds Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    Thank you all very much for your help. My original site is live but the site I am working on has not been published yet. I also need ot aadd PilotDave`s suggestion worked rather well, thank you so much for that tip. Any idea about the below subject please? Thank you all very much in advance.

- also on dektop view i have big gaps ( margins ) between the writings,paragraphs,headers etc, however as soon as I view it on Mobile they all look cramped together, anyway I can sort this out on Mobile view?
  • Options
    Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,450 Major grins

@Ladybirds said:
    Thank you all very much for your help. My original site is live but the site I am working on has not been published yet. I also need ot aadd PilotDave`s suggestion worked rather well, thank you so much for that tip. Any idea about the below subject please? Thank you all very much in advance.

• also on dektop view i have big gaps ( margins ) between the writings,paragraphs,headers etc, however as soon as I view it on Mobile they all look cramped together, anyway I can sort this out on Mobile view?

Again, I can't help if I can't see it. Sorry.