Options

Working with new lenses

El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

A while back a friend was selling some gear and switching his camera platform completely (I don't know why!!). The upshot, he sold me two lenses for a ridiculously low price. I just couldn't say no.

Took them for a test run shortly after I received them.

After sitting on a backup drive forever, with the extra time now and no travel, I just got to processing the images.

I have to think about incorporating and using these lenses in more of my shots.

Nikon Fisheye 10.5mm f2.8

Nikon 50mm f1.4

Stay safe and healthy everyone!!

Comments

• Options
    OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins

Nice, The variety of lenses are fun to work with. I love the zoom lenses but I also miss working with different lenses for the prospective they can have. Some times I miss the film days and all the gear.

Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com
  • Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins

Nice, I like the cathedral ceiling and the 50 mm shot. I need to take my 50 mm out.

• Options

Thanks @Juano and @OrvSal I appreciate your comments!!

• Options
    CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

You could have some fun with those. I find I have to get out my neglected lenses and practice with them. Otherwise I forget what they can do and I won't think of them when they're called for.

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

Good stuff, Al. Outside of my Nikon 105mm macro lens, I haven't used any prime lenses in a long time. The zooms these days are so good and I'm not burdened with hauling around all the extra glass.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options

Agree with you Black Mamba!

Since I bought them, I had to "cost justify" the purchase to HQ.

So, I will lug around some extra glass on an occasional outing. But, in all seriousness practicing with these lenses allows me try some different shots and experiment a bit.

• Options
    alan2934alan2934 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    I especially like the cathedral. It really captures the majesty of the building in a way that I'm not sure a more typical lens would.
    I loved it.
  • Options
    fool4thecityfool4thecity Registered Users Posts: 632 Major grins

Nice shots!

• Options
    willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

@black mamba said:
    The zooms these days are so good and I'm not burdened with hauling around all the extra glass.

+2

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • Options

Thank you everyone for your comments, I appreciate them. Sorry for the tardiness in my replies.