RESULTS Mini Challenge #299 - Artists/Musicians or Instruments of Art/Music

dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins

@Cavalier - Great shot of the blacksmith working on the anvil. Kind of covers everything with the artwork, tools and artist at work. Nice!

@JAG – I liked all of these for this challenge. The study of the trumpet and the colors and tools of a painter. Very cool.

@Pegelli - #2 and #3 really caught my attention with the expression of the musicians and the art/artist at work.

@BMW Kurt – The concentration of the musician in #1 and the isolation of detail with the hands in #2 were both good in my opinion.

@Mathogre – Funny how #1 and #2 first reminded me of our current situation of isolation in many parts of the world today. Nice job and #3 made me smile.

@Sarasphotos – All great images. The carving on the horns is fantastic. What a great experience to see the impromptu concert. Loved the washer women as well even though you’ve marked them not for consideration.

@GrandmaR – Love to watch marching bands! Glass blowing has always been very fascinating to me and this is a good shot.

@DanC137 – The shallow DOF really draws attention to this detail of the instrument. Very nice.

@Ikbart – Nice detail on the instruments in #1 and #3. I have to say, I’ve never seen dancers painting! Must be fascinating and would have loved to see the final results of their work.

@DavidRGillespie – Interesting art installation in #1, would love to see this. Love #3, gorgeous artwork from the budding artist!

They are all, of course, fantastic. It is a challenge however, so I must pick. Here are my top 3 images:

1. Cavalier – Final Steps

2. Pegelli – Singing Along

1 (WINNER). BMW Kurt – Guitar Hands

Thank you everyone for participating!

Comments

• sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,942 moderator

Thank you for a fun challenge, @dlscott56 ! And congratulations to @BMW Kurt for the winning shot and to @pegelli and @Cavalier for your 2nd and 3rd place wins. I enjoyed seeing the entries for this challenge. I appreciate you all taking the time to share these with us!

• CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,030 Major grins

Thanks for the third place nod, Dave. Good mini challenge and look forward to Kurt's next mini!

• JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator

congrats to the runners up @pegelli and @Cavalier . Congrats and kudos to the first place @BMW Kurt for the win! We look forward to seeing what you come up with in the next challenge!

• BMW KurtBMW Kurt Registered Users Posts: 229 Major grins

Wow! I did not see that coming! Thanks! I have an idea for the next challenge and hope to have it up tomorrow or Tuesday.

• lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins

Congrats to BMW Kurt for the win! Great shot! & congrats to the runners up too! Great mini & comments Dave!

~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
  • sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

Congrats to @BMW Kurt for the win and to @pegelli and @Cavalier for 2nd and 3rd.

I have one request to @BMW Kurt which I hope is not out of line ( @JAG ???) and that is that the minis go back to being 2-3 weeks long and not a month. I feel like a month really kills the interest level. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

• CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,030 Major grins

@sarasphotos said:
    Congrats to @BMW Kurt for the win and to @pegelli and @Cavalier for 2nd and 3rd.

I have one request to @BMW Kurt which I hope is not out of line ( @JAG ???) and that is that the minis go back to being 2-3 weeks long and not a month. I feel like a month really kills the interest level. Anyone else have thoughts on this?

Yes, Sara. I do agree. A month is too long for a mini.

• BMW KurtBMW Kurt Registered Users Posts: 229 Major grins

@sarasphotos said:

I agree Sara. I hope to have the new mini up later today or tomorrow and would like to have it end on the 24th. I am on the road from the 13th to the 22nd and where I am going I won't have a lot Internet access (blessing and a curse). @JAG thoughts??

• mathogremathogre Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    edited June 1, 2020

Congrats to @BMW Kurt for winning, @pegelli for 2nd, and @Cavalier for 3rd! Thanks @dlscott56 for running this challenge! It was fun seeing all of the photos.

• sapphire73sapphire73 Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 1,942 moderator

Happy to see this discussion about going back to the shorter time frame (of 2-3 weeks) ! I think it is good to keep things a little flexible to make it easier for the person running the challenge, but I much prefer the shorter time frame. Thanks all.

• JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator

I have noted the change of the challenges getting longer and longer. Originally, 2 weeks was about what most would run them. The lack of a guidline in the Mini un-official rules in this matter is because everyone has things to do and places to go. So instead of actually mandating it in the un-official rules, I will say here, if you can do it in 2 weeks, go for it. If 3 works better because you cannot get to it, then that is fine too. If you can only be availible 1 week, that is fine too! But for future, I will suggest that if you cannot keep it 3 or less, then maybe pass it on to the runner up. I hope this answers your question @BMW Kurt

• pegellipegelli Registered Users Posts: 8,756 Major grins

A great mini with many great entries. @dlscott56, you didn't make it easy for yourself. Thanks for the detailed comments and thanks for giving me 2nd (or 4th ;) ) place. Congrats to @BMW Kurt for winning with a fine photo indeed and @Cavalier for the other honourable placement.

Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug