Options

WirenWiren Registered Users Posts: 741 Major grins

Having trouble uploading images. Keeps saying "Invalid Login" changed my site password so it is the now required 12 characters, logged off and back on and still no dice. Am I missing something here? I uploaded stuff a couple weeks ago and this issue is just recent. I tried to search to see if there was a discussion, but could not find anything. Am I the only one having this issue?

Lee Wiren

Comments

• Options
    AdamBlythAdamBlyth Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
  • Options

Thanks Adam, but no luck.... content blocker off, pop up for site allowed. I am using Safari.... might I need to use another browser?

Lee Wiren
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,011 Major grins

Try removing all the Smugmug cookies. One could be corrupted.

Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog
  • Options

Thank you Allen, that was indeed the solution. Guess I'm getting old as I could not figure that our on my own. I appreciate the suggestions from both you and Adam. Cheers

Lee Wiren
  • Options

AAAARRGGGHH. more issues. So I had this fixed the other night. Went to upload stuff tonight and got the same issue. Cleared the cache, cookies as before... nothing, gives me the error message that there is an invalid log in. What gives?

Lee Wiren
  • Options
    JenuineJenuine Registered Users Posts: 155 SmugMug Employee

Hello Wiren,
    Safari has become very choosy about what third party cookies they will permit. This is true especially if one is using a custom domain. This causes the browser to lose the "login" cookie and then you get the invalid login message. Here is what is suggested,

1. Clear your browser history
    2. Restart the browser
    3. Log into the account at www.smugmug.com
    4. Go into the Organizer
    5. Use the upload feature from there.

Inside of the Organizer the cookie used is .smugmug and that should allow you to keep the login valid for your upload.

Jen
    SmugMug Support Hero