Options

NASA WB-57f (Lots of big Photos)

GattoGatto Registered Users Posts: 413 Major grins

All 3 WB-57Fs still flying belong to NASA and all 3 are based here in Houston at EFD, originally the planes were Martin/General Dynamics RB-57F Canberra snd were strategic reconnaissance planes, later they were reconfigured and renamed WB-57F. The first 3 pictures are from November 19th 2015 when for the first time they flew in formation over Houston. It took NASA 2 years to develop the mission, since only one WB-57F was based in Houston until then, the other two were based in California.

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Epic shooting Gatto! I do love 1, 2 and 9. (hope I counted them right). For #9 I would explore the Vertical crop. Cheers!

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

Excellent work, Gatto. That's a very interesting plane. I notice that the nose configuration is a little different on a couple of them. When posting large numbers of shots, it would help in commenting on them if each shot was numbered. I'm hoping to see more aviation stuff from you.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited June 16, 2020

@Stumblebum said:
    Epic shooting Gatto! I do love 1, 2 and 9. (hope I counted them right). For #9 I would explore the Vertical crop. Cheers!

Thank you Taz, i cant come up with a good vertical crop of that shot :-) see if you like this one

@black mamba said:
    Excellent work, Gatto. That's a very interesting plane. I notice that the nose configuration is a little different on a couple of them. When posting large numbers of shots, it would help in commenting on them if each shot was numbered. I'm hoping to see more aviation stuff from you.

Sorry about not numbering the shots, you are right it is confusing. The "Nose" is easily swapped, one of them has a large Eyeball camera or optical sensor mounted on a Gimbals that at take off and landing or when not in use is facing backwards so that the lens stay clean. there is a Fourth plane here but it is broken up and used for spare parts in its original AF colors

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

You do very thorough work, Gatto. I hope to see much more from you. I'd love to see that ME 262.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

That vertical is good, BUT the one I was mentioning has better light, sharp close up of plane and very interesting sky strip with lively blue on left and bursting silver on right. Cheers.

• Options

@Stumblebum said:
    That vertical is good, BUT the one I was mentioning has better light, sharp close up of plane and very interesting sky strip with lively blue on left and bursting silver on right. Cheers.

Agree

• Options
    CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,033 Major grins

All good, but #3 and #5 are outstanding and my favs.

• Options

@Cavalier said:
    All good, but #3 and #5 are outstanding and my favs.

Thank you Jo

• Options
    willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

I like them all and will note that's a lot of wing for a small airplane.

Never have seen these before.

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata