My kind of place

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

On a cold, dank Fall day, this place just jumps right out at you. Over the years, this place has seen many uses. To the left of this building, you can faintly see an old house. It has been virtually consumed by that mass of vines you see at the end of the barn.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

I particularly like that red bench and picnic table. I can envision sitting there...

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,764 moderator

Love the lines and hues in this image. Reminds me of a pencil sketch I saw years ago. Love the splash of bright red in the lower center.

I really appreciate not lifting the shadows, as it yields a sense of mystery and intrigue with the deep shadow areas.

Kudos and props!

ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Well done, Tom.

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Fantastic Tom! I would explore B&W.

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

@sarasphotos said:
    I particularly like that red bench and picnic table. I can envision sitting there...

Hi Sara. Like you, I find this place beckoning me to sit a spell.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

@ziggy53 said:
    Love the lines and hues in this image. Reminds me of a pencil sketch I saw years ago. Love the splash of bright red in the lower center.

I really appreciate not lifting the shadows, as it yields a sense of mystery and intrigue with the deep shadow areas.

Kudos and props!

Thanks for the comments, Ziggy. I agree that the shadowed areas help make the shot. I find the place both inviting and foreboding at the same time.

@Cornflake said:
    Well done, Tom.

Thanks, Don.

@Stumblebum said:
    Fantastic Tom! I would explore B&W.

Thanks, Taz. I'll take a look at the B&W option.

• roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins

Wonderful! Lines, texture, color, and RUST. I love finding these old buildings.

Phil

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!

@roaddog52 said:
    Wonderful! Lines, texture, color, and RUST. I love finding these old buildings.

Phil

Me and you both, Phil. I know you get around quite a bit and I'm like a crazed animal when I'm on the hunt for these things.

• willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

I like the colors and diagonal wood structures, Tom

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata

@willard3 said:
    I like the colors and diagonal wood structures, Tom

Thanks, my friend. I hope you're doing well.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Wonderful Tom!!

Great lines and features,

I too would love to see a B&W rendering, if and when...

edited June 19, 2020

@El Gato said:
    Wonderful Tom!!

Great lines and features,

I too would love to see a B&W rendering, if and when...

Well, both you and Taz have mentioned that you would like to see such an effort. I'm so color oriented that I'm a little out of my element working in B&W. But I'll muster up enough courage to give it a go. However, if it's no good, then both of you guys are going to have to spend some " time out " standing in the corner. A teacher would know what I mean by that.