Just for Taz and El Gato

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Well guys, this is the best I've got. I'm sure those of you that are more adept at working in B&W could do much better. I live and see in a world of color, as we all do, and I have trouble trying to convey the same feelings and emotions working in a monotone world. Conversely, I much admire the work of those who excel in the B&W arena.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Superb Tom! It is artsy and stunning to me now!

• OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins

Very nice

Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2020

@OrvSal said:
    Very nice

Hey, Orv. It's good to hear from you. Have you found any old barns and such in your rambling around the Georgia countryside that you're ready to share with us?

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins

Thanks for asking, Yes there are tons of old houses and buildings everywhere. I've been posting them on some Facebook sites about abandoned Georgia. I will add a few here today. Thanks for the shout out.

Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com
  • El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Hi Tom....

I like it!

For me, personally, the B&W rendering brings out the texture and character, the hidden "life" of the structure.

Thanks for trying out a different post-processing application and sharing the pleasurable outcome!

Looking forward to seeing the next set of "discoveries" as you wander the country backroads and those Appalachian hollers.

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Interesting! It has the look of a 1930s photo. I agree with El Gato--it has character.

@El Gato said:
    Hi Tom....

I like it!

For me, personally, the B&W rendering brings out the texture and character, the hidden "life" of the structure.

Thanks for trying out a different post-processing application and sharing the pleasurable outcome!

Looking forward to seeing the next set of "discoveries" as you wander the country backroads and those Appalachian hollers.

Thank you much, buddy. I'm glad that I didn't embarrass myself. Also, it spared you and Taz from having to stand in the corner.

@Cornflake said:
    Interesting! It has the look of a 1930s photo. I agree with El Gato--it has character.

Thanks much, Don

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

@Cornflake said:

I agree

Thanks, Cristóbal. Hope you're doing well.