Options

This is mostly for Black Mamba and anyone who likes old forgotten places, in Georgia!

OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins

These were all taken close to where we live, near Augusta area. It is fun exploring a new place!

Have a great day!
Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com

Comments

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

Great stuff, Orv, you really found some jewels. I'm looking forward to what else you can discover. Keep it up.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Kick ass set! I would stay there for a week to catch all of that in great light!

• Options

This has not even scratched the surface of the number of places to see. There are many small towns that have lost occupants, jobs etc. , Plus out in the country are many old churches, cemeteries and history to explore. Thanks for the comments.

Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
  • Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,182 moderator

7 looks like a Bonnie and Clyde hideout. Good set.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,033 Major grins

Great set Orv. My favs are the first two and the one with the Vintage car.

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

Some additional comments. That share-cropper home in #s 5 and 8 is really super. However, unless you're focusing on some details like in #9, I would show the entire structure as you did in #5. Just my opinion. I knew that you were in a hotbed for this stuff capable of producing a plethora of great images.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Orv... a stellar set.

Some are just itching to be re-worked in B&W, IMHO, as a lover of B&W format.

I envy you and Tom, for the opportunity and time to spend in such a fertile photographic environment. One could literally spend weeks just wandering through the entire area, waiting for the light, returning at different times of day, seasons, etc.

Artistic and beautifully captured!

• Options

Thanks, most of these shots have been converted to B&W, sepia toned and also modified into sort of painting like. I never know which ones to post as someone might obeject to being over processed. The countryside and the small towns are loaded with history and untold stories.

Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
  • Options
    sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,830 Major grins

Wonderful set, Orv!