Options

A fun exercise

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

The first shot is that of a 400 year old courtyard wall in St. Augustine. It's made primarily of compressed coquina shell blocks. A staple of construction back then.

This second shot is the result of me throwing some of my mysterious rust elixir on the image. I didn't know what to expect......got slap blown away.

I guess I had better safely stash this elixir away. I wouldn't want it to get in the wrong hands.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

I love it! Its incredible anything can be turned into Rust masterpiece!

• Options

@Stumblebum said:
    I love it! Its incredible anything can be turned into Rust masterpiece!

I tell you, Taz, I'm still flabbergasted at how it turned out. I really didn't have any expectations but this outcome just came out of left field on me. I may have unleashed a monster.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,830 Major grins

Wow, how'd ya do that? Very cool!

• Options
    edited June 23, 2020

I'm glad you like it, Sara. It's just a multi-step process I've developed in my working with rust. Honestly, I was shocked silly when I found that the process could be manipulated to have startling effects on non-rust subjects. As usual when working with the process, I'm most sincere when I say that the final outcome is 99% unpredictable.

• Options
    El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Nice outcome Tom.

Creative!!

Might want to transcribe that workflow...could be a chapter of that forthcoming book! 😃