Options

British Native Red Fox Vixen in Stereo

e6filmusere6filmuser Registered Users Posts: 3,378 Major grins
edited May 30, 2020 in Wildlife

I normally shoot macro and I don’t believe the subject is fully represented unless I include at least one stereo pair. I would not be posting in this forum if I believed there was already an abundance of stereos of mammals.

This fox is fairly comfortable in my company and tends to stand very still if I am close and face her, pointing the camera at her. That I put out food scraps each evening means that she welcomes my presence.

This crosseye stereo pair was taken this evening. I use a single, normal camera for all my stereo work.

Olympus EM-1 (aperture priority), Olympus 4/3 x2 TC, Olympus 4/3 50mm f2 macro, 1/400 at f8 ISO 800, hand-held.

There were some harsh sunlight issues and I had to really pull back the highlights but I think I left enough.

Harold

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

I don't know the finer points of stereo photography at all. However, the one on the right is easier on my eyes because it is less bright and subject stands out more due to contrast.

• Options

@Stumblebum said:
    I don't know the finer points of stereo photography at all. However, the one on the right is easier on my eyes because it is less bright and subject stands out more due to contrast.

You are clearly not seeing the combined, virtual, 3D image between the two uploaded.

Harold

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

I see 2 images. I don't think my eyes will ever be able to combine them

• Options
    edited June 24, 2020

It took me weeks of trying. Very few people can do it first time.

The two images are either side of the combined one. They never disappear.
    Harold