Some cars you've never seen

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
edited June 25, 2020 in Other Cool Shots

This is a 1953 Cadillac Series 62 Ghia Coupe. Only 2 were made.

1 )

2 )

An in-house 1963 Chevrolet Corvair Monza Concept.

3 )

4 )

A 1959 Chevrolet Scaglietti Corvette. Only 3 were made. Carroll Shelby had a hand in the deal, To me, it's one of the most beautiful cars I've ever seen.

5 )

6 )

A 1968 factory concept Astro II Corvette. There's a lot of hype about the new 2020 Corvette. Hoards of folks have been waiting for Chevy to introduce a mid-engined Corvette. Me included. I've got one on order and I've been advised that if I'm lucky I may get one late next year. It will probably surprise folks that this concept car here is a 427 C.I. powered, mid-engine runner.

7 )

8 )

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

If I win lotto, I will take the first and last one! Sweet shooting too! First one looks like it is moving based on the look.....pretty thing!

• toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2020

Nice shots Tom....

I have to sneak in here to show another you folks haven't seen....

1000HP Pro truck in Baja...

Rags
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

@Stumblebum said:
    If I win lotto, I will take the first and last one! Sweet shooting too! First one looks like it is moving based on the look.....pretty thing!

I agree, Tz. That Cadillac Ghia Coupe is gorgeous. Ghia Designs, out of Torino, Italy, has had a hand in designing a whole slew of beautiful cars.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited June 25, 2020

@torags said:
    Nice shots Tom....

I have to sneak in here to show another you folks haven't seen....

1000HP Pro truck in Baja...

Now, Rags, you're welcome to sneak into any of my posts at any time. But a dang leaping truck....well that just too much. :)

• CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,030 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2020

They're all beautiful and nicely shot.................but give me that Cadillac !!!!
    I think it's the Art Deco influence that tugs at my heart.

• toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

@black mamba said:

@black mamba said:

@Stumblebum said:

I agree, Tz. That Cadillac Ghia Coupe is gorgeous. Ghia Designs, out of Torino, Italy, has had a hand in designing a whole slew of beautiful cars.

Now, Rags. You're welcome to sneak into any of my posts at any time. But a dang leaping truck....now that's a bit much. :)

OK...OK...OK... It is much... :D

Rags

@Cavalier said:
    They're all beautiful and nicely shot.................but give me that Cadillac !!!!
    I think it's the Art Deco influence that tugs at my heart.

Thanks, Don. It looks like the Cadillac is off to a big lead. I wish I had gotten a shot of it's interior. The design, fit, and finish inside was stunning.....complimentary in every way to its exterior.

• roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins

Great set Tom! The Scaglietti Corvette, or the Cadillac, tough choice. I'm a corvette guy from way back, but the Cadillac looks like something comfortable enough for a long road trip.

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!

@roaddog52 said:
    Great set Tom! The Scaglietti Corvette, or the Cadillac, tough choice. I'm a corvette guy from way back, but the Cadillac looks like something comfortable enough for a long road trip.

Thanks, Phil. I'm with you on being a Corvette guy but I've only owned one. I bought a new 1967 427/435. If you remember, if you took the 435 h.p. version of the 427 you couldn't get AC. Living in Florida, that was a dumb mistake. That car was so hot with the heat coming through the firewall, I looked for excuses to not drive it. It had the factory side pipes and was extremely noisy. Rough riding thing too. I wish I hadn't been overcome with the macho bug and had gotten a tamer version because I think it was, and is, one one of the best looking cars ever made .Mine was green with the white stinger stripe.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Wonderful shots Tom!!

I have to admit that I am not a big car guy..never was. Guess that gene skip me and landed with my brother.

That said, if the Ghia Coupe were only $1,360,856 less expensive, I could see myself in one. 😁

Thanks for photographing dreams!!

@El Gato said:
    Wonderful shots Tom!!

I have to admit that I am not a big car guy..never was. Guess that gene skip me and landed with my brother.

That said, if the Ghia Coupe were only $1,360,856 less expensive, I could see myself in one. 😁

Thanks for photographing dreams!!

Yea man, that Ghia Coupe strikes a chord with everyone who sees it. Take care.