Options

RESULTS Mini Challenge #300 - Sacred Places

BMW KurtBMW Kurt Registered Users Posts: 229 Major grins

OK! Here are the results. I will comment on my favorite photo by each photographer and then the results.

@sarasphotos #2 I really like the shot of the candles and use of DOF in the Dinklesbuhl Cathedral. It is representative of what I was looking for in a serene place. (BTW Did you know I was once a parishioner of the Augsburg Cathedral?)

@pegelli It was difficult to choose between your first and second entry. In the end I will have to go with #1. I really like all the lines converging in the center and I am a sucker for B&W

@JAG #3 Again I really like the lines that converge in the middle and the chandeliers balancing the photo

@grandmaR I am normally a traditionalist, but the modern stained glass window really caught my attention. I really like the colors and content of the window.

@Cavalier I liked all of your entries, but #3 had a very peaceful feel due to the tone. Very nice.

@RalphMoon #1 Very nice angle of the Buddha. This shot really captures the feel of the temples in Thailand.

@DavidRGillespie #1 Very nice shot of this wooden church. Sharp, colorful, balanced. Nice.

@Wandering Dane #1 I like the use of the arches as framing in this shot.

@lkbart #2 Very nice color and the use of the carriages to show perspective is nice.

It was difficult to name a winner and choose two other places, but.....

Third Place - @Cavalier

Second Place - @DavidRGillespie

WINNER - @pegelli

Congrats to all for submitting such wonderful photos!

Comments

• Options
    CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,033 Major grins

@BMW Kurt - Thanks for the third place - that was a surprise! And congrats to Dave and Pieter for their wonderful entries. I would have picked both of these as winners! thanks for running a good mini, Kurt.

• Options
    JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator

Nice work @BMW Kurt I know it was hard to choose with so many wonderful entries. Thank you for going the extra mile and saying something about everyone's entries too, Kudos!
    Congrats to the runner ups @Cavalier @DavidRGillespie and a big congrats to a well executed photo by first place @pegelli . I look forward to see what you can come up with on the next challenge Pieter.

• Options
    DavidRGillespieDavidRGillespie Registered Users Posts: 819 Many Grins

@BMW Kurt Thanks for the second place and the nice comments, Congratulations to Jo and Pieter for third and first. This was a great mini with lots of thoughtful entries. I am looking forward to the next.

• Options
    sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,830 Major grins

Congratulation to all of the winners for the fine shots (I would have picked that same shot to win) and thans to @BMW Kurt for the comments. BTW, of course I knew it was me you were talking about when you mentioned you'd been a member of a church - I just wasn't sure if is was the Dom or St. Georg. :smiley:

@pegelli Pieter, looking forward to the next mini!

• Options
    pegellipegelli Registered Users Posts: 8,777 Major grins

Wow, I never expected to win among all the great entries. I'm honoured.
    And congrats to Jo and David for third and second place, fine entries both of them.
    And thanks to Kurt for a fine mini and all the detailed comments.

I'll try to post a new one over the weekend, need to spend a little time thinking of a subject, with the tradition of mini's going to #301 it's getting harder and harder to find something that hasn't been done before.

Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug
  • Options
    grandmaRgrandmaR Registered Users Posts: 1,946 Major grins

Thank you for an interesting mini - I was surprised by your pick of the favorite of mine.
    Congratulations to all the wonners.

“"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”
  • Options
    lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins

Congrats to Pieter for the win & David & Jo for the runners up! A great theme & nice commenting BMWKurt!

~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/