For those who loved that 1953 Cadillac series 62 Ghia Coupe

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Here's the second one of the only two in the world. Both at the same show.

1 )

2 )

3 )

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins

That would be a nice one to cruise around town in!

Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

I'll second that, Orv.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Sweet!! I still like the black one more, even though my current car has same color as this one. Maroon? I don't even know.

• willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

That's a nice foto and a nice color, Tom.

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins

That is a gorgeous vehicle. I think though, that I like the black one, with those gold rims. I am a bit curious about the louvers, in the back quarter panels. I wonder if they have a function, or if they're just a design detail.

P

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!

@Stumblebum said:
    Sweet!! I still like the black one more, even though my current car has same color as this one. Maroon? I don't even know.

I've always be a sucker for black and gold but the maroon one looks dang good.

@willard3 said:
    That's a nice foto and a nice color, Tom.

Thanks, Willard. Truth is, they're both beautiful. Hard choice for me.

@roaddog52 said:
    That is a gorgeous vehicle. I think though, that I like the black one, with those gold rims. I am a bit curious about the louvers, in the back quarter panels. I wonder if they have a function, or if they're just a design detail.

P

You know, Phil, I was wondering the same thing. i waited around that black one for a little while hoping the owner would show. He never did. It looks like the maroon one belongs to the Petersen museum out in California. I'm going to try and find out about the louvers.I got down and looked into them. If I had to bet, I'd say they're functional....probably to help cool that really large trunk.

• CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,030 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2020

@Cavalier said:
    I soooooo want this car!

I hear you, Jo. Honestly, I had no idea it meant so much to you. How's your head? Has your vision returned? Incidentally, the last time one of these two cars ( the black one ) was sold....in 2016....it went for $1,400,000.