Spooky Shoreline

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

These were shot on Jekyll Island, GA. Hurricanes and other strong storms pound the shorelines and, over time, the trees along the shore lose the battle.

1 )

2 )

3 )

Reaching for the heavens

4 )

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• sarasphotossarasphotos Registered Users Posts: 3,822 Major grins

Hey Tom, nice set. The second and fourth are my faves.

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2020

Thanks, Sara. As you can imagine, walking these shorelines requires one to be a bit nimble. BTW....I'm sure it must happen but if you're caught hauling any of this stuff away, the fines for doing so can get pretty stiff.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins

Too bad for being fined for finding another use for the weathered wood. There could be beautiful decorations made from some of it. Plus all the firewood too.

Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

I am a Libertarian and this island is where the evil began! I should try to go there sometime even though I never go anywhere except an hour or two from my home. This has lots of photographic potential! Like 3rd best! Cheers Tom!

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Thanks, Taz. This island is but one of many barrier islands that stretch from Florida on up the eastern seaboard. They're all a photographer's dream.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Tom....you do get around some!

Wonderful images!!

Going to say that due to my overt love of B&W, #4 get my "best in series" vote. Bet this area or any of these islands would be ideal in early morning or late afternoon, maybe especially so in the winter months.

Thanks for posting these.