Ocean Fury

El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

These two are from a trip to Kauai...

Got to experience the wonder of the island and two hurricanes!

One swept to the East side of the island and North the second one to the West side and North. Both danced, luckily and fortunately, right around the island. Many good pre- and post-weather photo opportunities.

As for my time spent on the island and all the "weather" shots I took, these made the final cut.

Comments

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator

Impressive waves!

The first image is my favorite. It has the clarity of a photo but I can almost see it as a painting.

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Good stuff, buddy. That's some angry surf in that first shot. Outside of a hurricane, you never see those kind of waves in Florida.....on either coast.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins

I love the second one the most, especially with the sea spray on top of the waves.

Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Fury indeed!

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Thank you Denise, Tom, Taz, Orv...

**I appreciate your comments! **

I don't often get the opportunity to "shoot" waves, not much ocean where I hang my hat these days. Getting the timing was the big challenge. With the wind gusts, sand was blowing around and exfoliating my arms and legs. Had a devil of a time keeping sand off the lens.

Thanks again everyone for your comments!

• roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins

That's some severe surf. I really enjoy the 2nd image, with the spay, and the color of the waves and sky.

P

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

@roaddog52 said:
    That's some severe surf. I really enjoy the 2nd image, with the spay, and the color of the waves and sky.

P

Thank you Phil!!!

I was out shooting as soon as the storm had subsided enough to make going out safe. The surf was rolling for sure and the light was just right.

Thanks again for your comment.