Options

Southwest Road Trip

El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Worked as a volunteer for the National Forest Service, repairing a section of the Continental Divide Trail (CDT) that passes through the Gila National Forest.

Started west from Colorado Springs to Telluride, CO and then dipped south to Cortez, CO on to Gallup, NM to Gila National Forest (Silver City, NM). Took two days, camping along the way, visiting numerous National Monuments (Florissant Fossil Beds National Monument) and National Parks (Black Canyon of the Gunnison). Returning east/northeast, via Albuquerque, Santa Fe, Taos back to Colorado Springs.

A great experience, adventure, road trip and far, far too many photos! Selected three...

3 (some creative license here)

Comments

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Second and third are nice! Treatment for #3 is creative!

• Options
    toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

A great experience indeed... having done a similar trip...

The composition of #2 is nice; during the course - I wonder if you tried desaturated selective color on the sky?

Rags
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

Sounds like a great trip. A good friend has a vacation home in Angel Fire, N.M. but I've yet to pay him a visit. I guess I've got too much of an affinity for water and green trees in my make-up. I can't imagine living in a scene like that depicted in shot #3.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

I enjoyed these, Gato. But then I live where I do because I fell in love with the Southwest the first time I saw it. That love is tested on a day like today where it hit about 110F.

The blue in the sky in the first one is a little much by my lights. That one reminds me of a lot of formations around Abiquiu, New Mexico.

• Options
    El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Thank you everyone for taking time to comment on these images. I do truly appreciate your insights and comments.