Some Asian stuff...

toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

Well my trip to Istanbul had the airline changed, so it's still on - if the world doesn't treat the US as Lepers...

Some past stuff...
Viet Nam on the Mekong...

Cambodia...

The thinker - Indian style...

Kathmandu ...

Rags

Comments

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Rags....

Very nice!!

Always great to see another part of the world, even though photos. Learning about other cultures first-hand can't be beat but, sometimes that is not possible. Images as you have posted, help to broaden perspectives and minds.

You will love Istanbul! Hope you are allotting plenty of time to wander, the city is amazing! There are so many opportunities to take some amazing photos, see some fantastic architecture, meet wonderful people and enjoy some of the best food (and coffee) ever.

Must do...(a) walk between Europe and Asia, well since walking across the Bosphorus Bridge is not allowed any more (you could when I visited) take a ferry (short trip but excellent photo opportunities) and explore the Asian side of Turkey and (b) treat yourself (and guest, if appropriate) to dinner at the Buhara Ocakbasi Restaurant [address... Alemdar Mah. Nuruosmaniye Cad. No: 7 Sultanahmet] and/or (hopefully and) the Bridge Restaurant [address..Kuzguncuk, Nakkaştepe Yolu No:56, 34632 Üsküdar]. Food is phenomenal!

Safe travels!

• toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

Thanks for the tips and the kind comments...

I'm going to turkey for two initial reasons.. to shoot the Byzantine cistern in Istanbul (to satisfy my reflection obsession) and
    Cappadocia... the rest is a bonus...

I've saved your restaurants & addresses (I hope to visit)

Again thanks

Rags
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited July 10, 2020

I love your travel stuff, Rags. I can always depend on learning something. That last shot depicts a common way to carry stuff, in a lot of cultures. I've always wondered how those folks avoid compressing neck vertebra.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

Especially the older women... ugh...

Rags
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Number 2 is superb!