How to insert image in a forum

ZainfotoZainfoto Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
I still wonder how to insert image in a forum. There is no button whatsoever at the top of this msg box. Could anyone enlighten me how to?

Thank you.

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
  • ZainfotoZainfoto Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins

Thanks Richard. Mpw I can see all the buttons and icons which did not appear before that's why I asked.

Thank you anyway

• stigvollstigvoll Registered Users Posts: 23 Big grins
    I also have this question. All I can do is to insert emoji's. Where do I access all these buttons?
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator

It looks like you just joined today.
    There are some limitations placed on new users for the first day or so.

@denisegoldberg said:
    It looks like you just joined today.
    There are some limitations placed on new users for the first day or so.

Yes,in the beginning I was wondering whether there is a special trick to insert image because the message box didn't display any editing option at the top. But after a few postings only then did the editing options appear at the top of the message box when I wanted to post a reply. Now it is there all the time .

Thanks

@stigvoll said:
    I also have this question. All I can do is to insert emoji's. Where do I access all these buttons?

If you log off and log on again, you should be able to see the buttons. Give a shout if you don't.

All the buttons have appeared now. Thanks

• dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins

I forget the best way to insert images from my Smugmug site? Can someone remind me how to do this?
    Thanks.

On your SmugMug gallery, select the photo you want and click on the share icon.
    With Share selected, go down to the Embed photo section and choose the size you wish to use.
    Choose Photo Only and copy the text in the box
    On Dgrin, hit the last icon across the top of the post window and paste the text into the popup box. Make sure your cursor is in the popup box before you paste.

You can also simply drag any photo into the posting box to upload a copy, but embedding is usually faster.

• dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins

Thanks Richard.

• lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins

Is anybody else having issues with this icon working? I get the drop down, paste my image, and hit enter, and the drop down is still there, it won't paste the photo link into the post. Been busy the past couple weeks & haven't posted, but tried to post today and cannot insert a photo.

~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
  • AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,008 Major grins
    edited July 14, 2020

Are you referring to a post here? You paste in a LINK to the photo. NOT an image. Or if on you computer browse to it and select it, the file/jpg.

Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog

From my desktop.

So apparently I can post a screenshot, but it won't post the link I've copied from my Smugmug photo. See screenshot. This is all it does.

~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    edited July 14, 2020

Was the photo link the browser address from your site of the photo on the page?

Use the "share" button and select a size. Then click the JPG link presented to copy. That JPG link is what you'd paste in drop.

Share photo > embed > Choose a size > Click Copy JPG URL

This is what the code looks like pasted on the drop. {Used bold so it would not activate.)
    ![](https://photos.smugmug.com/Birds/2020-Birding/Birding-2020-June/2020-06-25-Western-Kingbirds-WEKI/i-CMbjrJt/0/777d7024/S/7D5A4145_7DII3-2-S.jpg "")

I used to get a choice of size; right now, this is what I see in my gallery when I click the Share icon:

So I click on it and it says it copied link, then I go to the forum post, and click on the image icon, paste it there, and it used to show up as an image then. Now it does nothing. I've tried clicking [Enter], [CTRL] [Enter], and [ALT][Enter], and it does nothing. I even tried copying the link from a different post of mine, pasting it into the new post, and pasting the link to the photo in place of the other photo, and that did not work either. At first I thought maybe I wasn't logged in, but I've logged in specifically, also rebooted my computer, and nothing changes. Right now I just cannot post a photo from my Smugmug gallery here on DGrin.

~Lillian~

Finally figured it out - apparently now, rather than SHARE, it is EMBED that copies the link to the photo I guess. Weird that it just started doing this now. I've always used the Share tab, never the Embed.

~Lillian~
  • denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator

@lkbart said:
    Finally figured it out - apparently now, rather than SHARE, it is EMBED that copies the link to the photo I guess. Weird that it just started doing this now. I've always used the Share tab, never the Embed.

The share interface changed very recently. I have to admit I had to look at it multiple times to realize I needed to click the embed tab.