Social Media Icons

shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins

Hi all,

I have put social media icons at the bottom of my site - the issue is that you need to move the mouse to the top edge of the icon for the hyperlink to show up and work. If you point the mouse pointer to the center of the icon (as most people would do), nothing happens. I have been getting complaints from folks who say that my icons are not working. Any idea what the fix is for this? I need for these icons to work as I am losing traffic to my sites.

My website is at: https://www.nikhilshahi.com/

Thanks,

Comments

• shniksshniks Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2020

Okay - I changed the size to medium and they work somewhat - now they work only when you hover the mouse pointer over the top half. But if your mouse pointer is at the bottom half, they don't work. This only applies to Chrome and Firefox browsers. If I view my site in Safari, the entire icon seems to be hyperlinked.

Can this be fixed please? Maybe increase the area to cover the entire icon? Thanks much.

Cheers,

@Hikin' Mike said:
    No issues using Win7 with Chrome or Firefox.

Hi Mike - so are you saying that when you hover your mouse over the lower part of the icons, it is still hyperlinked? Very strange.

Cheers,

• Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,448 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2020

@Hikin' Mike said:
    Looked it at it again. You are correct, they don't "link" on the very bottom.

Thanks for confirming! On closer look, it seems that the container for that element is positioned incorrectly. The hyperlink starts a half height of the icon ABOVE the icon. So all they need to do is fix their code and move it down so that it is positioned correctly. I normally wouldn't mind, but I have had folks emailing me to tell me that they can't access these links. I hope SM can fix this.

Cheers,

• Hikin' MikeHikin' Mike Registered Users Posts: 5,448 Major grins
    edited July 16, 2020

@shniks said:
    Thanks for confirming! On closer look, it seems that the container for that element is positioned incorrectly. The hyperlink starts a half height of the icon ABOVE the icon. So all they need to do is fix their code and move it down so that it is positioned correctly. I normally wouldn't mind, but I have had folks emailing me to tell me that they can't access these links. I hope SM can fix this.

Cheers,

I just added a social block to my testing page and they work fine. Perhaps you have some custom CSS someplace?

@Hikin' Mike said:

@shniks said:

Cheers,

I just added a social block to my testing page and they work fine. Perhaps you have some custom CSS someplace?

Ah, interesting Mike - maybe. I used to have customized CSS and Javascript in the old interface, but am not sure where to find those now. I hope some SM Hero will respond (I have sent them a note).

Thanks,

edited July 17, 2020

@Hikin' Mike said:

@shniks said:

Cheers,

Josh pinged me and told me that I had set a negative margin for that content block (not even sure when I did that). He removed the margin and all is good now. Thanks Josh!

Thanks,