RESULTS: Mini Challenge # 301: Vacation

pegellipegelli Registered Users Posts: 8,756 Major grins

Thanks to all for participating in this mini-challenge. The entries had a great diversity (as expected), so judging wasn't all that easy. But I finally just went by my first impressions and chose a winner that "spoke to me"

First some comments on the entries:
@JAG , you go to nice locations, I especially like the second with the croc, a bit more out of the ordinary. I assume you didn't get much closer ;)
@Cavalier , How the first two make we want the US SW again. I've never been to Arches but I have been to Painted Desert/Petrified Forest. Beautiful colours in these two shots
@dlscott56 , nice diverse set, the first with the focus on the pebbles is special, the second just oozes vacation joy and the third is an iconic place that everybody wants to see and shoot once in their life (been there/done that).
@grandmaR , spledid stories of the travels with your grandchildren, and three great photo's. I especially like the third because the person is anonimous to the viewer (except your family maybe) but still very important in the photo
@Lab_Tested , nice series, your son stands proud next to the plane as if he actually piloted and landed it there himself :), The first is nice, you can see the adventure in his eyes and the third is indeed "fun"
@DavidRGillespie , great views, all of them, and the rainbow in the third is a real bonus
@sarasphotos , I knew you would come up with some great vacation shots and you didn't dissapoint ;), the reflection in the guard's harnass is well seen and the B&W alleyway is also a very nice shot

Given the relatively small number of entries combined with the general very high standard of photo's submitted I'm only going to announce a winner and no 2nd/3rd place or HM's. You can consider you all got a HM ;)

And the winner is:
@grandmaR
3. Photographing thermal features in Yellowstone

The iconic backdrop of a well known park smartly combined with a person on the photo enjoying the scenery for brings together the spirit of vacation and is the winner of this mini.

Congrats grandmaR, and looking forward to what you can bring us for the next mini.

Pieter, aka pegelli
My SmugMug

Comments