Horses.. Q for Trekker..

toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
edited July 17, 2020 in Other Cool Shots

I'm doing R&D for 2021 trip....

There used to be a guy who used to post here (a Pakistani) who was an excellent photog .& I'm interested in Horsemanship..

He posted some shots of the tent pegging competition in Pakistan that were fantastic... so I want to do it...

Trekker have you been to Pakistan?

Additionally I'd like to shot the Golden Eagle Festival in Mongolia... have you been there?

Or anybody else???

thanks

Rags

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Pretty cool shot!

• toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

@Stumblebum said:
    Pretty cool shot!

It's an Oakland Rodeo held in the east bay.

The only black traveling rodeo; I recommend it ... few rules small & good shooting opportunities.

Thanks for the comment...

Rags
  • El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Hi Rags..

Cool photo, love the motion (and stop action) and the colors too. You don't see many barrel racing shots posted here. This one is very well taken!

Rags, yes, I have been to Pakistan. I have worked in Islamabad, Karachi, and Lahore. Beautiful country, very friendly citizens, delicious food (yummmm!) and literally a photo op at almost every turn, especially if you are able to venture outside of the city limits. Be cautious and aware of any local customs and cultural sensitivity when taking photos that may include any people. I found most Pakistani very willing to have their photo taken.

The closest I got to visiting the Galyat region of the Pir Panjal Range, within the Rawalpindi District of Punjab, was a visit to the city of Murree. Go if you can.

I was working in Pakistan during the heat of the Pakistani summer (one does not always get to pick when one must travel). The trip to Murree was a wonderful relief from the heat of Islamabad (were I was working at the time of this trip to Murree). It is (or was) a hill-station town where the British and others would go to escape the summer's heat.

I so wish I could have traveled much deeper into the Galyat region, up to the Hindu Kush, in Northern Pakistan. I have always wanted to be in Galyat area during Basant ( Kite flying ) festival. It has (and still is) a bucket-list destination of mine for almost forever. However, timing and local conditions warranted a second-though and "assessment" and my local contacts advised waiting. Unfortunately my assignment ended in Islamabad and I had to move onto Karachi. Some day I will get to the Hindu Kush.

Mongolia, well you hit on another bucket-list site. Unfortunately, I have yet to make it to this destination...yet!

I wish you a safe and fantastic trip to an exciting and wonderful country. Look forward to seeing some photos!

• toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

Thanks for the response Trekker, it's much appreciated...

I had concerns about the local welcome of Americans; you have relieved me...

COVID apparently has affected some of these tours this year in Mongolia (the Eagle Festival)...

Let's hope 2021 is better...

Rags