Options

BULLS

toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

Willard's post got me thinking about bulls... I'm interested in them...

On a trip thru Europe I wanted to see bull fights...

They do them differently in different countries... France & Spain...

In France, the bull can choose not to fight and live to survive the spectacle...

In Spain where I was going to see a bullfight (man against a 800lb bull); I saw pics of three or four cowboys with swords & the fighter...

Not very fair until I found out they butcher the bull then give the meat to restaurants for people to eat... ugh not for me...

I prefer bucking bulls... (who live to see another day because of their performance)...

Bull using torque the lighten the load...

I'm watching you...

Well done young man...

Rags

Comments

• Options
    OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins

I agree with your philosophy and love your action shots. No way could I ever try to ride them.

Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

I tell you, Rags, you are the King of rodeo shooting. Good stuff.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,034 Major grins
    edited July 28, 2020

Wonderful action shots. You captured some great looks as well. Both the cowboy and bull in the third one have such calm looks on their faces!

My husband used to watch the PBR (Professional Bull Riding league) shows once in awhile and I would watch a few with him. He then talked me into going to the Cow Palace in SF to watch a live PBR contest. Seeing the action live was so different than on TV. I was horrified at the violence when a bull threw a cowboy and then proceeded to try to spear him and stomp all over him. What I thought was my pretty tough exterior immediately melted into a scream and hands trying to cover my mouth and eyes! Probably wouldn't be very successful shooting at a rodeo - trying to wield a Tammy 150-600 while screaming. :blush:

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Good action Rags!

• Options

Thanks for the comments...

Jo ... they were shot at PBR in Salinas...

It's amazing to me because there is no easy way to get off a bull;

These guys are extremely courageous (since they know what's going to happen)...

Rags
  • Options
    willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

Good action set, Rags.

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • Options

Thanks Jefe...

Rags
  • Options
    El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Rags, fantastic action shots and very nice composition. Suspect it is tough for these professionals to ever consider a desk job!

• Options

One more...

I didn't want to give short shrift to bronco riders....

This dude , about 50 - 55 yrs old's hand - got tied into the saddle...

as he was being dragged (violently) untied the entire saddle to free himself...

Rags