Childs Game…

El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

OK, another stay-at-home week. My grand-daughter is getting very bored. Pleas for help from her parents send me to my photo archives.

Grand-daughter…let’s play a game…”strange animals from faraway lands.”

Rummaged through my animal pics folder…nothing stellar here (wildlife photography is not my forte nor do I have appropriate kit) just “vacation pics” but, worthy of inclusion in a child’s game.

Can you name that animal…no?

Let’s ask the Google and see if we can find it. Teaching her a bit about "search strategies" we stated by describing what the animal looked like and searching on those terms. Eventually getting close and then looking at pictures to make the final identification.

Entertained her for about two hours (yes, I was amazed too), seeking, searching and learning about these strange animals.

We had an entertaining time together.

While on assignment in KL, Malaysia I took several days holiday to Borneo. Fantastic experience and a photo op at almost every turn.

Proboscis Monkey

Macaque

Rhinoceros Hornbill

Borneo Pygmy Elephant

Saltwater Crocodile

Comments

• willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

Love no 4

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Well, kudos to you, Gato, because you've educated me as well as your grand-daughter. I wasn't aware of animals seen in #s 1, 3, and 4. Thanks for posting these shots. I'm eagerly awaiting your next development session with your grand-daughter....no telling what I'll learn. Take care.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Great activity! You have some very interesting animals in this series.

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Fantastic Gato! 1-4 are superb! The last one has unbearable background for me. Cheers!

• toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

Ha! interesting stuff Trekker...

Rags
  • El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Thanks everyone for taking a peek and for your comments.

Been absent for a spell...daytime job catching up with me. Working from home, everyone thinks your are available 24/7. will get back to posting more images soon.

I appreciate everyone's comments. Thank you.