Options

Change landing page from Thumbnail

bposnerbposner Registered Users Posts: 3 Big grins
Hi. I would see if it is possible to change where the viewer lands when clicking on a thumbnail. Currently in the theme when you are in a gallery, click on an image, it takes you to the image, but then view has to use the sidebar to get to picture details. I would like the view to remove that one step and when they click on the thumbnail in the gallery, it takes them directly to the image details. Has anyone done this modification, or would know how? I am not a coder by any stretch of the imagination, so looking for some suggestions. -thanks

Comments

• Options
    JtringJtring Registered Users Posts: 673 Major grins

Unfortunately, user code can't fix that one. User CSS can change how the elements on the screen look to some extent, but it can't add stuff that isn't already up and it can't do perform actions like automatically clicking the details button. Several of us have suggested to SmugMug that having the option to do what you describe would be a good idea.

Jim Ringland . . . . . jtringl.smugmug.com
  • Options
    bposnerbposner Registered Users Posts: 3 Big grins
    Thank you, Jim, I appreciate the reply.

> @Jtring said:
    > Unfortunately, user code can't fix that one. User CSS can change how the elements on the screen look to some extent, but it can't add stuff that isn't already up and it can't do perform actions like automatically clicking the details button. Several of us have suggested to SmugMug that having the option to do what you describe would be a good idea.