Mandatory password resets

RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator

A Vanilla software update around 1 November introduced a security vulnerability that may have affected a small number of user accounts. It only could have affected members who were quoted during the first two weeks of this month, and even so, the exploit was rather arcane and unlikely. Nevertheless, as a precaution all members are being required to reset their passwords. In the worst case, your username, email, encrypted password, IP address, user preferences, and forum rank could have been exposed. Dgrin has no financial data whatsoever, and is completely separate from SmugMug accounts.

We apologize for the inconvenience. If you need additional information, you can contact me by PM.

Comments

• muttmommamuttmomma Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    Hi Richard, I used to have a digital grin account, under an old email. I tried to access the forum, but I can no longer do so under my old email because the password was reset. the reset link goes to my old email so I can't get the link (the old email is no longer active). I just recently created this new dgrin account so I could get into the forum. Is there any chance the email can be updated behind the scenes on my old dgrin account? My old profile name was Punkybeth
  • RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator

I think so. Just to be clear, you want to use the new email address you just signed up with on your Punkybeth account. Correct?

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 0 Beginner grinner
    Hi
    Yesterday after many months absent from this forum I tried to sign in. I couldn't. Tried to reset but it wouldn't accept my email address either. So I have created a new account being this one. My previous user ID was firefox13. Is there any way I can link the two users so I have the history in one place?
    Thanks.
    edited September 7, 2020

We should be able to rescue your old account. I will change the email address of the firefox13 account to the outlook address you used on the new account and set the old account to prompt you for a new password when you log on. Once you're in on the firefox13 account you can change the email address to whatever you want. Please respond in this thread once you've managed to use the old account and I will delete this one. Thx.

• firefox13firefox13 Registered Users Posts: 64 Big grins

Many thanks Richard. Have made change as you can see so you can delete the new one.

Great to be back on deck

Cheers
    Phil :)

Cheers, Phil. :+1:

• RetrocosmRetrocosm Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    I've also tried to log in to an old account and was advised:- You need to reset your password. This is most likely because an administrator recently changed your account information. Click here to reset your password.

Unfortunately I no longer have access to the e-mail that I registered with so cannot reset my password. My Dgrin account was thebigsky. I wanted to use the forum again because my Smugmug site at charlesheadey.com is throwing up security errors and not letting people access it?

Cheers, Charlie

Hey Charlie,
    I changed the email address on thebigsky account to the email you just used for Retrocosm. You should now be able to complete the password change process on thebigsky.
    Cheers.

• thebigskythebigsky Registered Users Posts: 1,052 Major grins

Thank you Richard, much appreciated.

• pigeon2pigeon2 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    Hi! It's been a while since I've logged in. Last night I was unable to login, or even reset my password, so I created a new account (old userid is "pigeon"). How can that account be reinstated? Thank you!

I think you should be receiving an email with instructions for setting a new password for your old account. Let me know whether this worked or not. Cheers.