toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

Prisms

Shades of gray

The other side of the window...

Rags

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Very creative Rags!

Last one is best! I would explore B&W for that one too.
    Shades of Grey is nice too, especially since there is no Grey in it.
    For Prisms I would consider B&W for sure.
    For second shot, I would zap the bright holes in the tree tops, and darken the bright pavement significantly to the point it is not noticeable. This needs to have that Pinot-Noir look. Attention has to be on man and whatever he is staring at, not the pavement and hot spots or anything else.
    For first one, I am sorry, the selective coloring is total disaster. What a way to ruin a good shot.
    Cheers Rags!

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

I like the last one best.I think #1 has a lot of potential maybe tightening the crop a bit, I agree with Taz on the selective coloring. Shades of Grey is awesome.

• toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2020

Thanks for the visit folks...

Taz - good comment but guys, I like selective color... There was too much medium gray in the frame; it was lifeless...

The addition of the colored rose (which was there) gave me two things - life and engagement with two negative comments... that's a win... :D

Cris.. I could have made #2 much better If I took two/three steps to the left to get the MacDonald sculpture at the end of the run of tables...

BTW... the shot #1 is crooked and that I tried to straighten but couldn't find the original... Sorry about that...

Rags
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2020

I'm with those who veto the rose in #1. I think it's a major distraction.

I want to like #2 more than I do. I'm not sure exactly why.

Shot #4 about put me in the hospital. I thought my eyes were going to pop out of their socket, trying to find some subject to focus on. Just not my style, I reckon.

I like the last one a lot.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

Thanks Tom for the comments....

Rags
  • El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Rags...a great set!!

I like #1 for several reasons...one is indeed, as you alluded to, the offsetting color of the flower to all of the lack of color in the rest of the image. This image can say so many different things instantly, visually, that would take multiple lines of text to convey. As BW is a favorite medium of mine, I gravitate toward this type of work. I feel that your use of selective coloring, in this particular case, added to the image's voice.

The last image is indeed striking. From a purely creative bent, any chance of darkening or turning the young lady's figure into a silhouette? IMHO, with the backlighting and the color of the wall, a "silhouetted" or slightly darkened figure standing there could really be interesting.

Great set overall!!