Phone pano

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Taken during our bike ride today.

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Wow, who needs expensive gear after this!

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

That's pretty impressive. How much PP was involved? I seldom use my phone camera but my Galaxy S-20 does take some darn good pictures. I'm old school ( real old school ) and I'm still amazed at how digital photography has changed our craft.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Thanks guys. Tom, there was minimal pp work, I brightened the foreground a bit, adjusted blacks, that kind of thing.This is a single capture with an iPhone, there was no stitching of multiple shots.

• toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

Nice grab Cristobal...

Rags
  • CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Very nice. It's amazing and sometimes a little depressing to look at what phones can produce these days.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Beautiful image Cristóbal.

No need to lug the bulky kit around when the mobile can take images like this.

I agree with Don, amazing but again, a tad bit depressing. One hones their craft for years, from film, gels, filters, dodging, burning, processing solutions, etc., then a mobile phone can collapse years of practice and tech advancements into the palm of your hand. Gotta love it.

BTW, Cristóbal, thanks again for taking us on this ride. Your bike trail scenery is outstanding. I'd ride everyday! I suspect that in a few short weeks, this view will be awash in gold, red, and orange of fall.

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

In my opinion, phone cameras have come a long way and give you the freedom, as in my case, to go mountain biking without carrying heavy equipment. On the other hand, there are clear limitations in terms of depth of field etc. In the end, the success of an image depends more on the person taking the photo than the equipment used. It's hard to take bad pictures in Colorado's high country!