3 )

4 )

5 )

6 )

7 )

8 )

9 )

10 )

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Wow Tom! This is epic set! One of your best! Such vibrant colors and captured artfully! Bravo!

• toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins

Good set Tom...

Rags
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

@Stumblebum said:
    Wow Tom! This is epic set! One of your best! Such vibrant colors and captured artfully! Bravo!

Many thanks, sir. Years ago ( heck, I was shooting Velvia slides ) I shot some similar-themed abstracts of some of the Porsches raced by the Brumos organization out of Jacksonville. Brumos established a very private.....you have to know somebody to get in....museum that was dedicated to showcasing a lot of their cars and accomplishments they had in their racing endeavors.. I was really honored when they elected to put my pictures on display when they opened that magnificent facility.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
    edited September 12, 2020

@torags said:
    Good set Tom...

Thanks, Rags. I'd bet that you recognize shot # 10 as being the car number and racing color scheme for the Porsches raced under the Brumos Porsche banner. The late champion Peter Gregg and his ultra-successful protégé, Hurley Haywood, raced this car number and colors on a number of winning cars for a long time. Brumos was a real force, particularly in IMSA racing.

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

@black mamba said:

@Stumblebum said:

Many thanks, sir. Years ago ( heck, I was shooting Velvia slides ) I shot some similar-themed abstracts of some of the Porsches raced by the Brumos organization out of Jacksonville. Brumos established a very private.....you have to know somebody to get in....museum that was dedicated to showcasing a lot of their cars and accomplishments they had in their racing endeavors.. I was really honored when they elected to put my pictures on display when they opened that magnificent facility.

Oh cool! Private collection to view! You mentioned velvia slides! Oh my! Are we old? I shot VELVIA 50 for 10 years or so. Would do anything for bright colors. Back then I couldn't fix anything in post obviously. There were times when I spent whole reel on one shot hoping light would be fine in one of them!

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Great set Tom. Really enjoyed it.

@Juano said:
    Great set Tom. Really enjoyed it.

Many thanks, my friend. I know that you, too, share an appreciation for the abstract.

@Stumblebum said:

@black mamba said:

@Stumblebum said:

Oh cool! Private collection to view! You mentioned velvia slides! Oh my! Are we old? I shot VELVIA 50 for 10 years or so. Would do anything for bright colors. Back then I couldn't fix anything in post obviously. There were times when I spent whole reel on one shot hoping light would be fine in one of them!

I hear you, brother. I wish I had the money I spent on Velvia 50. I was shooting with Nikon's F4 and F5 cameras and a whole bag of Nikon's best glass. I was slow to come around to the digital world. The ability to do my own PP work, though, finally pushed me to all-out digital. Damn, Taz, that seems like a million years ago.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Striking set Tom. Outstanding images and colors! Really like #4! But, they are all...wow!

• willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

I like 7, ,8 and 9 for their functionality.....good set.

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins

@Stumblebum said:

What Taz said!

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!

@El Gato said:
    Striking set Tom. Outstanding images and colors! Really like #4! But, they are all...wow!

Thanks for your comments, buddy.

@willard3 said:
    I like 7, ,8 and 9 for their functionality.....good set.

Many thanks, Willard.

@roaddog52 said:

@Stumblebum said:

What Taz said!

It's good to hear from you, Phil. I appreciate the visit.

• CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

I missed this before. Car photos don't usually grab me but the unusual framing and unexpected focal points set this set above the norm. Very well done.

(Old? Heck, I studied under Matthew Brady.)

I appreciate the support, Don. It means a lot to me.