Video upload error: 'unknown video codec'

KarenFitzKarenFitz Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
Hey there Dgrinners, non professional newbie here.

I'm trying to transfer a heap of photos and videos over from Faceblerk and unfortunately because they're in a private group (rather than my profile) and I'm not particularly savvy I've not found a better way than to do it one by one. Ho hum. (That's not the issue, just to say there's not a third-party software involved here.) I've run into a strange problem though where some of the videos I'm downloading (directly from FB, all under 2 mins) have uploaded to Smugmug fine, but the majority are now refusing to upload with an 'error: unknown video codec' message. (I would have thought they would all download with the same qualities but perhaps not?) All of the original videos, now lost to the digital ether thanks to bad planning and a toddler, were shot on my perfectly normal Android phone.

I've downloaded MPEG Streamclip and converted one of them along the specifications on the help pages but it still won't upload. Any insights would be deeply appreciated as I'm mystified, and these are family memories so not succeeding is not an option!

Many thanks

Comments