$25M Maui Estate

JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

Another fun one in the books! This place sits next door to what is locally known as 'Clint Eastwood's place', down in Makena. Shot on a pair of Sony Alpha cams (a73, a7r3), using GM glass. Aerials were captured using a Mavic 2 Pro.

All captured @ 4k/24, with the exception of two slow-mo water scenes, which were shot @ 1080p/60.

Color grading and editing all done in FCPX.

Enjoy!

Comments

• David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator

Wow! So well done.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

@David_S85 said:
    Wow! So well done.

Mahalo David! It came with all manner of challenges, from hard lighting, showing the view from within the rooms, and dealing with the limitations of 8-bit color. I love these Sony alpha cams, truly I do, but I sure wish they'd get on with the times and open up 10-bit (or better) color recording. Would make my life so much easier in editing! Ha!

• kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,680 moderator

Beautiful work as always, Jona. You make it look easy without even a hint of the technical challenges encountered to pull it off.

• ziggy53ziggy53 Super Moderators Posts: 23,765 moderator
    edited April 20, 2020

Gorgeous and captivating! Love the up-shot to the fan in the ceiling. Really, really good stuff here!!

ziggy53
    Moderator of the Cameras and Accessories forums
  • JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

@kdog said:
    Beautiful work as always, Jona. You make it look easy without even a hint of the technical challenges encountered to pull it off.

@ziggy53 said:
    Gorgeous and captivating! Love the up-shot to the fan in the ceiling. Really, really good stuff here!!

Thank you both, the support really means a lot!