Problem in looking up old comments

JtringJtring Registered Users Posts: 673 Major grins

This evening, I wanted to browse through the comments I had made in the last year or so here. So I opened up my profile and clicked on "Comments". As expected, found comments I had posted back to April of this year. I didn't see what I was looking for, so I clicked "More Comments" to go a little farther back in time. What popped up was another copy of the same comments back to April, not a continuation of the list to the next older block. The account page clearly identifies there are a lot more postings than those in just that first block, but I can't get to them. That's clearly not what should happen, nor, I think, what happened the last time I did such a review, whenever that was. The list of discussions behaves the similarly: "More Discussions" brings up a second copy of the original, most recent, list.

First of all, can anyone else duplicate this? I have no way of knowing if this is a general Vanilla bug or some sort of corruption in my account's records.

And, either way, is there some way to fix this so I can browse through more than the first batch?

Jim Ringland . . . . . jtringl.smugmug.com

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator
    edited September 30, 2020

I was able to see the same behavior. I don't think the number of comments or discussions is under our control. I assume this is a Vanilla bug, and I'll report it. Thanks for the heads up, Jim.

Edit: A partial workaround is to enter your username in the search box while you are on the Discussions page. I don't think it returns complete results, but it's more than the comments list gives.

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator

I heard back from Vanilla--they are aware of the problem and are planning on releasing a fix in about a week.

• JtringJtring Registered Users Posts: 673 Major grins

Looks like this got fixed. I was able use the "More Comments" button successfully just now.

Jim Ringland . . . . . jtringl.smugmug.com