Username

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Beginner grinnerPosts: 0 Big grins
I didn't log in for quite a while. After changing my password, I discover that for some reason, my user name is different than before.
Unfortunately, I can't change it in my profile, any suggestions on how to fix it?

Comments

• RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,893 moderator

That's odd. From what I can see, you joined originally in 2008 under the same usename but have not posted till today. Is that correct?

I can change the username to anything that's not already taken by someone else. Let me know what name you want.

• [Deleted User][Deleted User] Beginner grinner Posts: 0 Big grins
    I joined in 2008 and I've been posting on digital grin in the past.
    My original user name was dnwvictor, just a moment ago I was able to find one of my old posts, it has the correct username and old avatar. It is kind of bizarre, I can see his/mine profile.

https://dgrin.com/profile/dnwvictor

What happens right now, I use dnwvictor to log in, but it takes me for some strange reason to VICTOTVIEW.
    Thank you very much for your help. I would like to go back to dnwvictor what was my original screen name.

Curiouser and curiouser...I don't think I've ever seen this happen before. I'm going to refer this to Vanilla, the forum software vendor to hear what they say. I suspect we can just delete the victotview account, but I'd like them to take a look at it first.

Thank you very much
    edited October 6, 2020

What happens right now, I use dnwvictor to log in, but it takes me for some strange reason to VICTOTVIEW.

Could you please make sure you are logged out of Dgrin, then verify that logging in as dnwvictor takes you to victotview? We can see both accounts and they both date from 2008, though not at the same time. Thanks.

Yes, it does, login in as dnwvictor takes me to VICTOTVIEW.
    Right now when I try to log in, the system is asking me to reset my password every time, I try around five times in a row.

edited October 6, 2020

We're starting to suspect that you may be logging in with the yahoo.ca account, not the gmail account. This could be because your browser is using stored login credentials or is auto completing. Please try deleting all Dgrin cookies as well as stored Dgrin usernames and passwords, clear the browser cache and restart it. Then try logging in using just the dnwvictor username, not an email address.

We can merge the two accounts if you tell us which username and email address you want.

• dnwvictordnwvictor Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins

I did a cleanup, just in case, I do it on a regular basis and I don't use auto feel. I never used my email as login before.
    When the system asked me to reset my password I requested to send it to my Gmail, not Yahoo like before and it looks like that did the trick. I log in and out a few times as dnwvictor with my old profile.
    Now when I'm able to see details o my profile Gmail is there as my email address.
    I really appreciate your help, thank you very much, Richard.

Glad to hear it's working. If you don't mind, I'd like to delete the victotview account. Or we can merge it into dnwvictor, but there's probably not much worth saving. Let me know.

• dnwvictordnwvictor Registered Users Posts: 41 Big grins

Please delete it, I thought about it but I didn't want to waste any more of your time.
    Thank you very much, Richard.

No problem. That's why they pay me the big bucks.......(not). ;)

• Rob6997Rob6997 Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    New to the forum and took the default screen name not realizing that I would not be able to change it on my own , please let me know how I get the moderator to change it , thanks in advance for the help

I can help. Let me know what username you'd like.

• Rob6997Rob6997 Registered Users Posts: 14 Big grins
    Rob6997 thanks for the quick response

Done.