Some recent ones

CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

My subject matter hasn't changed much but I keep learning. Criticism is always welcome.

Comments

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Wow, I love them all, the first two are my favorites. I like the bee shot and the way it’s lit, spectacular!!!!

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Well #3 is pure joy! What a wonderful light! You can see the light in its eye too! Framing and BG both worked too!

For first one, the YELLOW FLOWER BOKEH on left, needs to be dimmed down or calmed down somehow. It is fighting hard with the subject. Distraction.

For second one, it is fantastic, except the bg is still coming through, some horizontal lines.....I would consider pulling back shadows and dark, to try and take BG out of the equation.
    Even as it is, its pretty good!

Cheers Don!

• willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

I just love no 1: great compositing, sharpness and color.

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Thanks very much for the comments. :)

Taz, on the second one I originally had a very dark background. The image lacked depth, so I brought the background up a bit. I understand your point and it's kind of a toss-up.

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Actually I see your point and kind of agree..it would become sort of 2D without depth.....but the busy horizontal lines kind take away something......maybe this is still better.
    I thought about that as well but would have like to see the darker one anyway....
    Cheers Don!

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Nice work, Don. I, too, like them all but #3 is my favorite. I shot something yesterday that has YOU written all over it. It's part of a sequence that I'll post soon. Take care.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Thanks, Tom. I look forward to seeing what you think my photos look like. :)

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Beautiful, Don.

All are great, #1 is my favorite. Colors, subject, light, composition...all working together and very well together!

Bravo! 👍🏼

Thanks, Gato.