Hollywood Corn vs Iowa Corn

El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

I suspect some folks did not even know that there is a Hollywood variant of Zea mays.

The following is one of the many small projects, which I have mulled over, attempting to "attack" during these past several COVID-infused months. Designed to be more light-hearted than artistic in nature and providing me with a platform to experiment with local topics, subjects and themes.

The fall season and a recent road trip through Iowa, provided the perfect opportunity to check this project off my list.

I have always been amazed at the ability of what must be the superhuman, athletic ability of actors and actresses to run through a field of corn...and do so without a scrape, scratch, cut or bruise. Whether being chased by an alien, a scarecrow or even a twister, they run. They run with apparent ease, speed and do it so convincingly. Ah, the power and magic of Hollywood, technology and green screens.

For those not fortunate to live in or travel through the nation’s (U.S.) breadbasket (the Midwest) I just want to assure everyone that farmers work effortlessly alongside agriculture companies to eke out the maximum number of bushels (of corn, soybeans, etc.) per acre possible. Absolutely no ground is wasted.

Hollywood...

Iowa...

Hollywood

Iowa

Hollywood

Detail -- Iowa Cornfield!!!

I challenge anyone to attempt to walk or to run through this cornfield and not require a visit to the medical tent after filming!

Thank you for allowing me to share my cornfield images and for enduring this divergence into my "special projects" folder.

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

I love your Iowa shots, Gato. They remind me very much of a motorcycle trip I took following the Natchez Trace. The Trace runs from Natchez to Nashville.... a little over 400 miles. Running through Mississippi, we came to areas where corn fields stretched from horizon to horizon. I'd never seen anything like that. Take care, buddy.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Tom..

I concur.

Growing up as a kid, the most corn I saw at any one time, was four to six ears, shrunk-wrapped in a green styrofoam package. When I first saw corn fields stretching out to the horizon, it was a pretty amazing sight.

Thanks for your comment! Much appreciated.