Options

Something entirely different

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins
edited October 19, 2020 in Other Cool Shots

There's a fantastic public park in Valle Crucis, N.C. that has established a wonderful display of chain saw art created by a few of the most accomplished artists around. This display of their art was created over about a three month period early this year. I hope you enjoy their skills as much as I do.

This front view is the one most often attempted by artists.

1 )

I've never seen anyone else create the rear view.

2 )

3 )

4 )

5 )

6 )

7 )

8 )

9 )

10 )

And this is something special for Don

11 )

12 )

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• Options
    denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,238 moderator

Wonderful! My favorites are 1 and 2.

• Options

Thanks for looking in, Denise. I wish I had had my regular gear and more time to shoot this display so I could do it justice. I was there for a hike and didn't expect to run across something like this.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

You are lucky Tom, all these critters posed for you!!

• Options

@Stumblebum said:
    You are lucky Tom, all these critters posed for you!!

A couple of them tried to run on me, Taz, My threat to throw some termites around stopped that nonsense. If I have time, I may visit this site again.....bring my gear and do those critters up right. I know a guy in Jacksonville who is getting in to this art/craft. This display I found here may serve as an inspiration for him.

• Options
    El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Wonderful photos Tom...

Great to see talented artists! Love the little bear cub!