Impending doom

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Dark days ahead.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins

Is that's what ahead for us in 2021?

Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Could be so, Orv. I sure hope not.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,167 moderator

...Then the Zombies attack. For a dark themed photo, that's a good one.

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky

@David_S85 said:
    ...Then the Zombies attack. For a dark themed photo, that's a good one.

Thanks for commenting, David. I'm a little out of my element with a shot like this. I was sitting out on the second-floor deck when this sky began to develop. As the character of the scene became more threatening and imposing, I shot this image. I was hesitant to post this shot, thinking that you had to be there for this scene to register its full impact. I'm sure others on our forum could have done much better in capturing the essence of the scene.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Tom....

Echoing David...for a dark theme shot, this is very good. The shot communicates both a pensive mood and sense of an impending maelstrom.

Possibly a tad brightening up via an ND filter across the bottom half, might shed some light on the foreground. But, that is MHO.

I hope you were treated to a great light show as a result of the stormy weather.

Thanks for the comments, Gato. This was a case where I intentionally kept the foreground black. As you say, strictly a personal preference. It just seemed to fit the mood better. That storm was massive in scope. Some areas in the distance got quite a light show that went on for a long time.

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Great drama Tom. I hope 2021 takes us to the light.

Thanks, Cristóbal. I share your thoughts on hoping for better times.