Options

'Licensable' label still not appearing in Google Search

highluxphotohighluxphoto Registered Users Posts: 9 Big grins
edited December 8, 2020 in SmugMug Support

Is anyone else out there in the SM community still failing to see the 'licensable' tag appear on their smugmug photos when they appear in Google searches?

About three months back I rigorously redid the IPTC data on all my Smugmug images (~2000) and updated them online. When I look at those images on my SM site, the IPTC is all to the Google spec and intact.

However, if I search for a broad term, say, 'tramping, new zealand, highlux, smugmug' to bring up images Google can find from my Smugmug (that's slowly improving at least!), NONE of the images contain a 'licensable' tag and the IPTC does not appear to be the latest I have uploaded.

I've already asked SM support about this over three months back and was told they were working on it, but it appears nothing has changed.

Why is this? Why are Smug Mug dragging their heels on this?

This is a super important issue for those of us customers who rely on SM as a 'stock' imagery site. I've thrown hundreds of hours into my key wording, captioning etc to make my images as visible as possible and yet the break in the chain here seems to be something at SM.

PhotoShelter were very quick off the bat with some useful information about compliance for Google's 'Licensable' image visibility and yet SM seem to be ignoring it. Why is this?

Can someone at Smug Mug please restore my confidence in this platform and assure me that you are onto this?

Thanks
Mark.

Comments