Arches Sans Color

El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

A few of the images from Arches lent themselves, in my opinion, to an interesting and slightly better portrayal in black and white.

Here are three from that trip.

Off to process shots Canyonlands NP next...stay tuned.

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins
    edited November 30, 2020

Very nice, Gato. I agree, there is a texture and character that does seem to be accentuated in B&W. I don't remember ever seeing a double arch in a single formation.....much less the three seen here. Terrific. I like the tree shot a lot. I'm thinking it might benefit from a light boost in contrast. Thanks for posting these.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

The shapes and textures do well in these b&w's.

I like no 1 best.

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

The first shot grabs me the most. The crop at the top bothers me some; if it were a little higher or lower I think it would help, but as is you seem to be cutting off just the tip of the high rock at the left.

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Hi Gato, nice set, I agree with you that BW is great for the Moab area. It is such an amazing place that really, anything works...!

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

THANK YOU everyone!!! I appreciate everyone's feedback and comments.

Don, I agree a tad bit lower perspective would have worked much better. Note to self for the next trip out there!

Tom, I will try a contrast boost, good idea!

Sorry for the tardy response, the past two weeks have been very hectic...daytime job and assorted, secondary, mandatory projects are a major time drain and could not be avoided.

Hope to upload new images soon.

Thanks again everyone.

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Last comp is good!

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Thanks Taz!