Copy Folder or Import Empty Folder

PhilippeG74PhilippeG74 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
Hello everyone,
I'm looking to replace the Sharegroup function I was using to share folders. Unfortunately, this function has disappeared from Smugmug (cannot add more Sharegroup anymore).
To replace that, I want to create a public folder and integrate private folders inside. I could share the link directly with a password. Each folder (and subfolders) will contain several galleries (via "Collect") containing photos from an original gallery.
Unfortunately, I don't see any possibility to copy a folder in "Collect", only the possibility to move it. If you have a solution, I take it 😉. Thank you.

The other option would be to import several empty folders into a public folder, and then put my photo links there. Unfortunately, again, it is impossible to import empty folders into Smugmug.
Do you see any solutions to my problem.
Kind regards. Philippe

Comments

• leftquarkleftquark Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,784 Many Grins

Your best bet would be to use a collection of Public, Unlisted galleries / folders (potentially with password protection on the ones you want). You can't collect a Gallery or Folder but you can collect the photos into a gallery. I would imagine you don't want to collect an entire gallery or folder, as that might be confusing for folks to have multiple places to find the photos.

If you want to have multiple groups of people access photos in a folder, your best bet would be to either using a folder/gallery password, or set them to "People I Choose" and enter specific email addresses to allow only those people to access them.

So for example, I might have a "Family" folder that I set to Unlisted and password protected. Nobody can find this link unless I send it to them.

• inside I might have Public folders for "2020", "2019", "2018"...,
    • then inside I have Public galleries for different occasions, which I can populate via Collecting photos from elsewhere
    dGrin Afficionado
    Former SmugMug Product Team
    aaron AT aaronmphotography DOT com
    My SmugMug CSS Customizations website: http://www.aaronmphotography.com/Customizations