Options

Arches NP & Goblin State Park

El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Two more color images from my Sept road trip.

This first one is from Arches NP.

Sunsets, as I have mentioned previously were pretty interesting. One plus to having all the smoke and cloud cover.

The arch designed by Mother Nature...not by the state of Florida Visitors Bureau. 🙂

This "vacation pic" is the entrance road to Goblin State Park, about 100 miles west of Arches (worth the drive!)

Comments

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

Nice work, my friend, with both shots. # 2 just keeps sucking you in to heart of the image.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options

Thank you Tom!

I appreciate your comment and perspective. Gotta love those leading lines. Nice about this local, one can venture out into the middle of the road and take one's time in setting up the shot. First, there is no one around and secondly, you can hear a car approaching long before it becomes critical to move out of the road.

Thank again Tom.

• Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Love first one. If mine, I take off 1.5 inch from bottom. Put focus on best part.

For second one, colors are sweet but seems like lot of wide angle distortion and not being symmetrical also not working, Although bold, perhaps we are conditioned to look at shots in middle of the road placing road right in center of the shot.

• Options

Taz...

Happy New Year!

Thanks for your input and feedback...I am always looking to construct a better image. Feedback such as you have provided certainly contributes to that goal!

• Options
    JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,881 Major grins

I like both, but as Tom said #2 has a great perspective that draws you in. Well done.

• Options
    David_S85David_S85 Administrators Posts: 13,178 moderator

Love them both. First seems too soft of focus. Tight crop shot? The comp seems well thought out.

Second is very well done. The background hill on the far right draws my eye to it and detracts a bit from the subject(s). I'd crop that ridge out to concentrate the eye down the road and to the main background. But great shot!

My Smugmug
    "You miss 100% of the shots you don't take" - Wayne Gretzky
  • Options
    CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Good ones, Gato.

• Options

Thank you David & Don!!

Dave, I like your crop suggestion, makes the viewer focus more on the vanishing point within the image.