Colorful Bark

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Good rustified bark.

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Yeah tells a story! Love it!

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

@Juano said:
    Good rustified bark.

@Stumblebum said:
    Yeah tells a story! Love it!

Well, you guys are just too sharp. I was hoping I might sneak this one by you. I was tinkering around and threw a little rust elixir on this bark shot just to see what happens. It got a little wild and crazy so I went with this muted version thinking I might get away with it. I should have known better.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

What kind of tree is this, Tom?

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata

@willard3 said:
    What kind of tree is this, Tom?

I don't know, Willard. The tree is in the backyard of a friend who lives on the marsh in St. Augustine. I'll find out. I'm not the most well versed guy about trees but I've never seen a tree with bark quite like this one. The bark of a cypress tree can be similar during certain times.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Nice Tom....

If you didn't say "tree" I would have guess a piece of petrified wood. Looks like a lot of pieces of petrified wood saw when I was out visiting the Petrified Forest National Park.

Nice creative touch!!

edited January 21, 2021

Thanks, buddy, I appreciate your support. One day I may post the full-blown rust treatment of that shot......when I think y'all can handle the shock. Stay safe, my friend.