Options

Quitin' Fahmin' Forevah

willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata

Comments

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,321 Major grins

Nice scene, Willard. I'm not sure what that piece of equipment that's being towed by the tractor.is used for. Do you know?

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins

Nice photo of a time gone by! Nothing will last forever. Thar is a 1950's/ 1960's hay baler. When I was a teen, helped my Grandpa bale for a summer with one of those, We stood on the wagon and caught the bales coming at us then stacked them on the wagon about 5 layers high. Then loaded them in the barn. Was a lot of work but good memories.

Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com
  • Options
    StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Nice find! Nice mood!
    I wish comp was wider and you had used f-16 or something so the machinery is also in focus!

• Options
    edited January 25, 2021

@OrvSal said:
    Nice photo of a time gone by! Nothing will last forever. Thar is a 1950's/ 1960's hay baler. When I was a teen, helped my Grandpa bale for a summer with one of those, We stood on the wagon and caught the bales coming at us then stacked them on the wagon about 5 layers high. Then loaded them in the barn. Was a lot of work but good memories.

That makes 2 of us, Orv. This scene is in a valley in the Taconics where I hayed for $1/hr when younger in the 50's and 60'sand was happy to get it. I was never in better shape in my life.
    The wife of the farmer fed us and I have rarely had better food. Lemonade for thirst quenching was lemons squeezed in spring water, washed the hay dust right away.
    When I started, I worked the mow where hay rash was common; everybody had hay rash.
    'Tis a hay baler, Tom.

• Options

You can read New Holland on the baler, Taz. Can't get much more in focus than that.

• Options
    OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins

@willard3 said:

@OrvSal said:

That makes 2 of us, Orv. This scene is in a valley in the Taconics where I hayed for $1/hr when younger in the 50's and 60'sand was happy to get it. I was never in better shape in my life.
    The wife of the farmer fed us and I have rarely had better food. Lemonade for thirst quenching was lemons squeezed in spring water, washed the hay dust right away.
    When I started, I worked the mow where hay rash was common; everybody had hay rash.
    'Tis a hay baler, Tom.

Yes, growing up on a farm taught us a lot of skills and a good work ethic! More kids need that type of jobs!

Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com
  • Options
    El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Very nice image...memories for certain.

I really like old equipment, so much one can do with these pieces of days-gone-bye.

Thanks for posting this one!