Almost there!

JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Comments

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Captivating! The black pole or whatever that is, is competing hard with the "subject" and drawing huge attention. Tighter crop is probably one way to go.
    Cheers!

• roaddog52roaddog52 Registered Users Posts: 1,323 Major grins

@Stumblebum said:
    Captivating! The black pole or whatever that is, is competing hard with the "subject" and drawing huge attention. Tighter crop is probably one way to go.
    Cheers!

A great story telling image. Taz, The black pole is the crane boom. Without the crane boom, the shot is incomplete, IMO. I worked on the raising crew on multiple occasions.

I don't know where I'm going, but I'm going anyway.

Luck happens when preparation meets opportunity!
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

@roaddog52 said:

@Stumblebum said:
    Cheers!

A great story telling image. Taz, The black pole is the crane boom. Without the crane boom, the shot is incomplete, IMO. I worked on the raising crew on multiple occasions.

I agree with Roaddog that the crane boom (I just learned what that thing is called! thanks) is part of the story. The crane attachment is dangling and swinging until it's caught by the crew and secured in place. Fascinating maneuver to watch.

edited February 6, 2021

@roaddog52 said:

@Stumblebum said:
    Cheers!

@Juano said:

@roaddog52 said:

@Stumblebum said:
    Cheers!

I agree with Roaddog that the crane boom (I just learned what that thing is called! thanks) is part of the story. The crane attachment is dangling and swinging until it's caught by the crew and secured in place. Fascinating maneuver to watch.

The boom is part of a mobile crane. The pieces being hoisted are for the "Jib" of a Tower Crane. The piece being hoisted, also has the trolly, which when completed will move in and out to position the hook.

Thanks for the info!

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

Good one, buddy.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Phil and Juano, Boom is good then! Cheers!

edited February 8, 2021

@Juano said: The crane attachment is dangling and swinging until it's caught by the crew and secured in place. Fascinating maneuver to watch.

The line running from the hoisted Jib section, down and out of the frame bottom is referred to as a "tag line" a man on the ground helps swing the piece into place so that the connecting crew can make the connection.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Cristóbal...

Colors, angles, shapes, suspense....lots to look at and all together....make for a very interesting photo.

Great timing too. Thanks for posting this.

@El Gato said:
    Cristóbal...

Colors, angles, shapes, suspense....lots to look at and all together....make for a very interesting photo.

Great timing too. Thanks for posting this.

Thanks Gato

• willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2021

Love the lines and colors in this Cristóbal, including the crane boom
    Do you know what they are building?

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata

Thanks Will, my guess is that it might be an apartment building.