California Sunsets

thdizzythdizzy Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
edited December 14, 2005 in Landscapes
Haven't posted here in awhile due to 3rd addition to the family and sleepless nights. The following images were captured over the weekend.

PS - Nikolai, by any chance were you at that Chinese restaurant in the Vons shopping center on Sat night, with a Lensbaby on your cam? Just curious.

PSS - Any help on how I can correct (using PS2) the horizon tilt on image 2 would be greatly appreciated.

47895367-M.jpg

47895372-M.jpg

48053805-M.jpg

Glad to be back :clap
Todd Disraeli - Star, Idaho

Disraeli Photography

"Only when the last tree has died, the last river poisoned, and the last fish been caught will we realize we cannot eat money" Cree Indian Proverb

Comments

• Phil U.Phil U. Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited December 12, 2005
    Welcome back. Nice sunset photos - I like that you included some nice forground interest.
  • gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2005
    thdizzy wrote:

PSS - Any help on how I can correct (using PS2) the horizon tilt on image 2 would be greatly appreciated.
    You can staighten it up by using the using the crop function, just grab the corner of the crop box with the cursor and rotate... can be a little confusing headscratch.gif

I prefer to select all "Ctrl A", do a transform "Ctrl T" then grab the corners and rotate. Now, either crop, clone or use "skew" to get rid of the gaps.

great shots too thumb.gif
  • DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2005
    Ah Pretty and you will love the "measure tool"
    I'm on my way out, but in photoshop help look up measure tool, or straightening...

It's part of a pallet of 3 tools, and my photoshop is not open right now so I can't remember which one it is. It's on the right side near the bottom and one of those where you click and hold and you'll see 3 tools are available.

Pick the one that sort of looks like a ruler or an upside down comb.

Then go to one side of your water level, drag across to where the other end of the water is and release.

Then go to rotate canvas and choose "arbitrary" and some number will come up .98, 1.45, 2.6 or something like that, click OK and PS2 will straighten the photo where you have drawn the line.

You will then need to go in and crop your photo -- or clone in some sky, as I usually have to do.

I read this tip somewhere and use it almost all the time!
  • USAIRUSAIR Registered Users Posts: 2,646 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2005
    Congrats on the new family member

Love all the photos
    But #2 and #3 are stunning very nice

Thanks
    Fred
  • 3rdPlanetPhotography3rdPlanetPhotography Banned Posts: 920 Major grins
    edited December 13, 2005
    I would like to know your technique on building your frames. Very Nice!!!thumb.gif
  • erich6erich6 Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2005
    I like #2 the best. Love the arch in the foreground. Nice job! thumb.gif

And congratulations on the new arrival. 1drink.gif

Erich
  • thdizzythdizzy Registered Users Posts: 262 Major grins
    edited December 14, 2005
    kc7dji wrote:
    I would like to know your technique on building your frames. Very Nice!!!thumb.gif
    First...Thanks to all for the PS advice.

Secondly...Anyone who interested in the PS frame action can email me at todd@todddisraeli.com and I'll send it to you.
    Todd Disraeli - Star, Idaho

Disraeli Photography

"Only when the last tree has died, the last river poisoned, and the last fish been caught will we realize we cannot eat money" Cree Indian Proverb