Succulents

CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Criticism is always welcome.

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

I like them all, Don. Great use of the DOF control. In #2, I would sacrifice a good bit of the bottom if I picked up enough at the top to show the top of the plant. It's good anyway.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • CornflakeCornflake Registered Users Posts: 3,346 Major grins

Thanks, Tom.

The top of the plant in number 2 was about five feet away! You can see what it looks like in flower here if you're interested. https://worldoffloweringplants.com/agave-attenuata-fox-tail-agave/

• denisegoldbergdenisegoldberg Administrators Posts: 14,220 moderator

I like these too - with the first my favorite.

Thanks, Denise.

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2021

Not working for me Don. I am sorry.

The first one is so busy in background and has such strong out of focus elements that the one focused element is not even noticeable
    Like a syringe sticking out of bokeh cactus
    Lots of distracting elements on left hash

Second one light and processing is good but the top is acting like top of a head
    The flowers are skewed way to the top and chopped off, making if feel unbalanced

The third one has some very bright light in bottom left area and out of focus element is so strong as if that is the subject
    Eye does not even want to notice the focused element
    That would still be fine, but bokeh element has another flower that is being hidden by focused flower.
    So the eye is leading to it, but it disappears so it is drawing the eye but then it falls off

I would have considered leaving space between out of focus hidden flower and focuses hidden flower and create a connection between them
    Would need to position differently for that.

JMO. Cheers Don.

I appreciate the detailed feedback, Taz, and the effort that went into it. I'll give all your comments some thought.

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

I have to agree with Taz... Love the processing and idea of #2.

Thanks for commenting, Cristobal.