Ganso

willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

One of my posing gansos

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata

Comments

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

A beautiful bird. I would like to be able to see more of it....perhaps a full shot.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2021

I was goin' for white on white here, Tom, and didn't like the contrast of the orange legs.
    The legs also broke the nice smooth line of the neck.

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

@willard3 said:
    I was goin' for white on white here, Tom, and didn't like the contrast of the orange legs.
    The legs also broke the nice smooth line of the neck.

It's just one of those " opinion " things. I much prefer the shot with the legs. I think the shot of color actually helps the image by enhancing the contrasting beautiful white body. You could also op for the interpretation that this image is a living case of the " beauty and the beast " concept.......a stunning beauty with alligator legs. Who knows.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Pretty bird! The second one is beautiful!
    I do know what you tried for first....sort of an abstract puzzle. Can't tell the subject apart from BG.
    Cheers!

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

Hi Will, I like the second one better. I think that the problem with the first one is that the breast starts to curve down at the bottom of the frame and you expect to see more. Maybe a tighter crop would solve that.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Will....

Very nice image.

I would concur, #1, possibility think with a 9x9 tighter crop of the head. IMHO, if me, given my "leaning" I might even give B+W a try.

Thanks for sharing this one.