Some living rooms get all the love

JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

I don't think I'd sit in this space and be grumpy about it.

This is a flash-ambient blend, consisting of three frames.

Comments

• OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins

Great composition, shadow control and balance between the interior and the exterior. Good job. I would not want to live there since we just bought a 1920 historic cottage.

Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com
  • willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

Excellent balance.

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,880 Major grins

Very nice!

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

If it is a test shot its cool. If it is a tourist snap that is cool too.
    But it is a "business shot" or purely graded on art photo, there are issues.

Light is good so most important thing is fine!

Comp is main problem.
    The fan has wide-angle distortion and its partially included as eye puller on the edge.
    The pole on left edge has very little gap between edge and left hash,
    Tiny carpet also sneaking in on left edge, so left edge is pulling eye hard.
    The right edge also has the big DOT too close to edge and little something
    Too much of roof while sofa is chopped off

I think more of ocean, less of the right fifth of the image that has half a door and big dot and contributing nothing to highlight living room
    Less of roof
    Not sure what was further left but I would have aimed bit down and leave the door out on the right
    Get more on left so all these distortions and eye pulling elements would also become less of that as they would look like they were planned to be there

JMO.
    Cheers JBR.

• JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

@Stumblebum said:
    If it is a test shot its cool. If it is a tourist snap that is cool too.
    But it is a "business shot" or purely graded on art photo, there are issues.

Light is good so most important thing is fine!

Comp is main problem.
    The fan has wide-angle distortion and its partially included as eye puller on the edge.
    The pole on left edge has very little gap between edge and left hash,
    Tiny carpet also sneaking in on left edge, so left edge is pulling eye hard.
    The right edge also has the big DOT too close to edge and little something
    Too much of roof while sofa is chopped off

I think more of ocean, less of the right fifth of the image that has half a door and big dot and contributing nothing to highlight living room
    Less of roof
    Not sure what was further left but I would have aimed bit down and leave the door out on the right
    Get more on left so all these distortions and eye pulling elements would also become less of that as they would look like they were planned to be there

JMO.
    Cheers JBR.

Thanks for the input, Taz, it's much appreciated. I'm always looking for self improvement, so this is great.

Unfortunately, I didn't have a lot else to work with in this space. See pic below to know more of why I was kinda 'stuck' where I was. Can you believe, I even used a 17mm T/S lens to get that shot to line up? Ha!

However, using your input, I went back and adjusted the crop to be more pleasing to the eye, and less distracting. Thank you again!

Other view of the space

• StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Pretty places! Light is good so you are 90% there.
    I think couch on left with blue pillows.....the pole is showing some distortion causing eye pull.
    Most probably don't look at it so you are good!
    Cheers JBR!

• JonaBeth RussellJonaBeth Russell Registered Users Posts: 1,065 Major grins

@Stumblebum said:
    Pretty places! Light is good so you are 90% there.
    I think couch on left with blue pillows.....the pole is showing some distortion causing eye pull.
    Most probably don't look at it so you are good!
    Cheers JBR!

Haha, if I could, I would've tossed half the furniture out of this room! :)

Thanks for all the input friend, much appreciated.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Excellent comments to go along with an inviting image, re-do is great too....

IMHO, I'd just sit here, an adult beverage, ocean breeze, and enjoy the scenery.