Some " new " old barns

black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

1)

2)

3) Time, heavy snow, and ice storms eventually get them all.

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

Comments

• OrvSalOrvSal Registered Users Posts: 461 Major grins

Nice ones, was #3 from Ikea?

Have a great day!
    Orv

Thomson, Ga. USA
    www.Osalisburyphoto.smugmug.com
  • willard3willard3 Registered Users Posts: 2,580 Major grins

No 3 does look like it had a frustrated assembler. B)

It is better to die on you feet than to live on your knees.....Emiliano Zapata
  • StumblebumStumblebum Registered Users Posts: 8,480 Major grins

Superb Tom! I love #2!

• black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,319 Major grins

@OrvSal said:
    Nice ones, was #3 from Ikea?

That's funny, Orv. ROFL

I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.

@willard3 said:
    No 3 does look like it had a frustrated assembler. B)

That poor mess is all that remains of Henry. I first met that dude about 35 years ago. Over the years, he's been a very willing subject for my lens. The elements finally got him.

@Stumblebum said:
    Superb Tom! I love #2!

Hey, buddy. I'd had my eyes on #2 for a long time. But the thing sits on the crest of a huge hill that has a fairly steep slope. I'd look at it and it was always......" Aw, hell, I'll catch that one next time ". Well, next time finally came.

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins

Those old barns have a lot of stories to tell - if they could.

@Dogdots said:
    Those old barns have a lot of stories to tell - if they could.

You know, Mary, truer words were never spoken. When I'm out shooting these old barns, I can't help but wonder about their history. Sometimes, I'm fortunate enough to learn a bit about them and their story. Mostly, though, that's not the case.

• El GatoEl Gato Registered Users Posts: 1,242 Major grins

Tom...

We've been talking about it for a year or more now...you gotta put that book together. So many unique images of many wonderful, slowly disappearing (sometimes hidden) barns. Every picture tells a story. It would be a shame if that story is never told.

Thanks for providing us a peek back in time!

edited February 17, 2021

@El Gato said:
    Tom...

We've been talking about it for a year or more now...you gotta put that book together. So many unique images of many wonderful, slowly disappearing (sometimes hidden) barns. Every picture tells a story. It would be a shame if that story is never told.

Thanks for providing us a peek back in time!

Thanks for the continued interest, Gato. My wife is now encouraging me, to put it mildly, to do something meaningful ( a book ) with this huge number of images I've accumulated. She has a couple of degrees from the Univ. of Florida and she maintains contacts with some folks there who could be extremely helpful in such a project. It's those friends of hers who have the expertise. Now that she has entered the fray, I've gotta confess......I'm feeling the heat.

• JuanoJuano Registered Users Posts: 4,878 Major grins

The first one is stunning.

edited February 17, 2021

@Juano said:
    The first one is stunning.

Honestly, Cristóbal. that first shot is straight out of the camera. I shoot Nikon. I always have this camera adjusted internally to the " vivid " setting for color preference. Additionally, 90+ percent of the time, I'm shooting with a circular polarizer on. You can see from the shot that the sun angle was perfect for maximum polarizer effectiveness. The first time I opened that file, I was also stunned. It ranks in my personal top-ten of barn shots. Stay safe, buddy.