Mini-Challenge #313 Digital Art RESULTS

JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator

First off, I would like to say thank you to all who bravely left their comfort zone and participated in this challenge. Well done!

@sapphire73 Love the filters you used on all 3 of your images. All of them would have been worthy contenders if you wanted to be considered for the challenge. Thank you for showing! Kudos!
@Cavalier the treatments of 1 and 2 really catch my eyes, but 2 wins it over for me. I like the abstract of it all! Kudos!
@pegelli congrats on trying something new! Images 2 and 3 really stand out for me. Kudos!
@shawnc all 3 of your out of frames are wonderful! I like the staircase one the most. Kudos!
@DavidRGillespie nice work on showing 3 treatments to 1 image. I think I like 1 and 3, although I lean toward the abstract of 3 as the best of the bunch. But I do love a great abstract!
@grandmaR you did well for not having any expensive editor! I really love your #2 image of the pumpkin man! Kudos!
@SJOttoRodgers of the 3 you posted, number 1 really fits the theme of the challenge. I love the watercolor effect applied to the outline of the hummingbird. Kudos!
@lkbart all 3 of your images are great use of the mirrored effects. I like images 1 and 2 the best. The colors are fantastic! I really like the 3d effect of 1. Kudos!

Honorable mentions:
@pegelli "Stack of logs", image 2. I really liked how you did a fisheye on it too.
@DavidRGillespie "Twirl left and twirl right blended together", image 3. This one would make an interesting print!
@grandmaR "Spooky Pumpkin Man" image 2, the neon effect is very eerie. Nice work!

3rd place tie
@Cavalier

@lkbart

2nd place
@SJOttoRodgers

1st place goes to
@shawnc

Congrats to all who participated and especially to those who placed! Shawn, it is now your turn to come up with the next challenge! Be sure to read the Mini Challenge unofficial rules

Comments

• CavalierCavalier Registered Users Posts: 3,030 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2021

Great Mini, Joyce. Thanks for the third place nod!

And Shawn - great OOB art. Congratulations for the first place.

I only tried this once with a logo for a Photo Club I used to belong to. I had fun with it, but haven't done much since then (2012). Looking at your art makes want to do more, but a little intimidated by your great work! I'm not sure if I have the imagination that you have :smile: Anyway, here is the logo that once was used for Mariposa Photo Club:

• grandmaRgrandmaR Registered Users Posts: 1,942 Major grins

Once I saw the Frame effect that Shawn posted, that was a winner.

I was using an old program called Picasa and it has that neoning that I used on the pumpkin man decoration.

“"..an adventure is an inconvenience rightly considered." G.K. Chesterton”
  • shawncshawnc Registered Users Posts: 674 Major grins

@Cavalier said:
    Great Mini, Joyce. Thanks for the third place nod!

And Shawn - great OOB art. Congratulations for the first place.

I only tried this once with a logo for a Photo Club I used to belong to. I had fun with it, but haven't done much since then (2012). Looking at your art makes want to do more, but a little intimidated by your great work! I'm not sure if I have the imagination that you have :smile: Anyway, here is the logo that once was used for Mariposa Photo Club:

Now I really like that! Now you have given me a new additional focus. Now I want to try the OOB with my grandkids...

• shawncshawnc Registered Users Posts: 674 Major grins

@JAG said:
    First off, I would like to say thank you to all who bravely left their comfort zone and participated in this challenge. Well done!

@sapphire73 Love the filters you used on all 3 of your images. All of them would have been worthy contenders if you wanted to be considered for the challenge. Thank you for showing! Kudos!
    @Cavalier the treatments of 1 and 2 really catch my eyes, but 2 wins it over for me. I like the abstract of it all! Kudos!
    @pegelli congrats on trying something new! Images 2 and 3 really stand out for me. Kudos!
    @shawnc all 3 of your out of frames are wonderful! I like the staircase one the most. Kudos!
    @DavidRGillespie nice work on showing 3 treatments to 1 image. I think I like 1 and 3, although I lean toward the abstract of 3 as the best of the bunch. But I do love a great abstract!
    @grandmaR you did well for not having any expensive editor! I really love your #2 image of the pumpkin man! Kudos!
    @SJOttoRodgers of the 3 you posted, number 1 really fits the theme of the challenge. I love the watercolor effect applied to the outline of the hummingbird. Kudos!
    @lkbart all 3 of your images are great use of the mirrored effects. I like images 1 and 2 the best. The colors are fantastic! I really like the 3d effect of 1. Kudos!

Honorable mentions:
    @pegelli "Stack of logs", image 2. I really liked how you did a fisheye on it too.
    @DavidRGillespie "Twirl left and twirl right blended together", image 3. This one would make an interesting print!
    @grandmaR "Spooky Pumpkin Man" image 2, the neon effect is very eerie. Nice work!

3rd place tie
    @Cavalier

@lkbart

2nd place
    @SJOttoRodgers

1st place goes to
    @shawnc

>

Congrats to all who participated and especially to those who placed! Shawn, it is now your turn to come up with the next challenge! Be sure to read the Mini Challenge unofficial rules

To be perfectly honest, I truly did not expect to be selected....there are some beautiful works here.
    Thank you for a very interesting challenge.
    Congratulations to all those who were selected and participated.
    @SJOttoRodgers I'm glad you saw my message to participate. Good for you!
    @lkbart & @Cavalier I could swear you two were the winners. Beautiful work. Loving the colors.

Please bear with me as I develop a new challenge. I will get something posted by tomorrow..
    Thank you all again

• lkbartlkbart Registered Users Posts: 1,912 Major grins

Thanks for a great challenge Joyce, and for the 3d place tie! Congrats to @shawnc for the win with an awesome photo! Very creative & well put together! & Congrats to @SJOttoRodgers for 2nd & @Cavalier for the 3d tie!

~Lillian~
    A photograph is an artistic expression of life, captured one moment at a time . . .
    http://bartlettphotoart.smugmug.com/
  • pegellipegelli Registered Users Posts: 8,756 Major grins

Congrats to @shawnc for a great win and @SJOttoRodgers, @lkbart & @Cavalier for the other honorary places. All well deserved.
    And @JAG thanks for a great mini that pulled me from my comfort zone. I also appreciate all the comments on all entries.

Pieter, aka pegelli
    My SmugMug
  • DavidRGillespieDavidRGillespie Registered Users Posts: 819 Many Grins

Thanks @JAG for a great mini and comments. Congratulations to @shawnc for the first place, with a spectacular image! Congratulations to @SJOttoRodgers , @lkbart and @Cavalier for placing. Super images.